Alone but not lonely

It was a hot day and my dad was driving me home from the last day of school. We were singing Katy Perry's songs in the car... as always. I could listen to her voice 24/7. There was something magical about her. For me she is like a mother that I've never had. That thought made me sad but I didn't want my dad to see it so I continued singing. My dad likes her too. I guess he's not a katycat, but every time he sees her in a magazine or on tv, he looks so fascinated. Maybe he's secretly in love with her haha. What if they got married and i finally had a mother! I can only dream about that.
As my dad parked the car, i went to my room for my guitar. We lived in an old house with a huge garden. I loved it. Other kids my age are probably spending their time together, but i like to be alone, because I never feel lonely. I had my dad. And Katy of course! For my 15th birthday my dad gave me a locket with Katy's picture inside. Since then i wear it every day and it means a lot to me. She makes me feel so safe.
I grabbed the guitar. I didn't even realize that as I walked out of my room, I looked back at the poster above my bed and smiled at her beautiful ocean eyes. I ran downstairs. "I think the pasta in the fridge is too old. I will order pizza for dinner, is that okay honey?" asked dad. I just smiled at him and ran outside into the garden. I don't talk a lot. I am an introvert and i am not ashamed of that. Silence is my favorite sound. After Katy's voice and the sound of my guitar of course.
I sat in the grass next to our little pond. I could see my reflection in the water. My blond messy hair would look better if I brushed it later in the morning. I didn't really care about that. My eyes seemed so blue they could vanish in the sky. I have always said that Katy's eyes look very similar to mine. "I wish one day I will find her eyes. I wish one day I can tell her what she means to me" I said to myself. I looked up and I saw the sky getting grey. It was about to rain really soon, but I had to play at least one song. So I started playing Pearl. From the moment I was a katycat, I knew this was a song for me. I loved everything about it and even my dad liked to sit in the window and watch me sing. Right when I played the last chord, it started raining.
I ran inside and I took my shoes off. I put my guitar on the sofa and came to the kitchen. The pizza was already here. It smelled like heaven. Margherita was my favorite. I was starving so the pizza was gone immediately. My dad laughed at me "Looks like someone didn't eat all day". It didn't offend me. My dad just loves to laugh. He is really kind and I am so proud of him for raising a child alone. What a hero.
My dad went to bed early that day. He works really hard to pay for the house and my school. I promised i would move out and get a job as soon as possible so he can have a rest. But I was 15.
Another thing i loved doing in my free time was fangirling on my instagram fanpage. All the katycats were my second family and even though i didn't talk a lot,I always had time to discuss Katy's outfits or songs with them. That evening I opened instagram to see what's new. Someone tagged me in a picture. It said "Katy Perry is going to be a judge in America's got talent this year!" At first i got excited about seeing Katy on TV again. Then I realized this was my chance. "What if I tried it?" I whispered to myself. I got goosebumps all over my body. It would be all I've ever wanted. Of course I was scared but it was stronger than me. I had to go. I was about to go ask my dad for a permission. I knew he would support me but he was asleep so i sat on my bed and stared at my posters. I felt so calm and happy surrounded by the pictures of my idol. I didn't even change my clothes and I fell asleep immediately.