I am a failure

I couldn't believe it. I had to pinch myself, because this just couldn't be the reality. It took me a while to understand it, but I loved Katy even more. There was nothing that could stop me. I had to audition. I took my laptop and opened the website, so I could sign up. The nearest city where I could audition was Los Angeles. Luckily that would take me about 2 hours by bus. I knew my dad could take me there, but he was too busy. I clicked on the "sign up" button and that was it. I was gonna meet her. At that moment I wasn't nervous at all. I was happy.
But what am I gonna sing? What will I wear? The audition is on friday! It has to be perfect. In the afternoon I made a list of songs that I wanted to sing. It took me a while, but Unconditionally won. I took my guitar and imagined, that I was on stage performing in front of all those people and judges. That thought made me very uncomfortable. My voice was cracking and i couldn't even play the song properly, because my hands were shaking too much. I felt the tear sliding down my cheek. I was so weak. Katy is so talented and even if I told her who I am, she wouldn't believe me. The tears took over my body. I sat in the corner of my room and cried. I didn't want to make too much noise, because I was ashamed. I thought I was strong. My dad heard me anyways and came into my room. He already knew why I was crying. He sat next to me and gave me a hug. "Don't worry about it. You will be amazing" he whispered. I wiped away the tears. "Didn't you hear me sing? I am a failure. Katy would laugh at me." "I trust you Alya. You have to imagine, that you are alone in your room. Forget about the audience. And remember who is your mother. You can do it." He handed me the guitar. I wanted to try it again. I closed my eyes and forgot about everything that was taking me down. This time I wasn't gonna fail. Before I started singing I touched the locket on my neck, like I was expecting it would help me. My voice came back and I was so much stronger. At the end I opened my eyes again and I saw my dad sitting on my bed, looking so proud. I gave him a hug.
This was a hard day, but at the end I was so grateful for everything that happened and I was ready to find my mom and show her who I am.