XV-People & Culture

Bunker CA-31
Women's Dormitory

Alexis

I was awakened by someone gently shaking my shoulder. At first I thought it was the Prince again, but seeing Hillary's face reminded me that I was in the bunker with other humans.

"C'mon Alexis, we're gonna miss breakfast. Do you intend to sleep the who day away?" she asked, smiling.

"I might." I smirked. "That was the first night I ever slept with a full stomach and a bed that was actually comfortable."

"It's empty now. Here, I got you some clothes for the day after breakfast we can go shopping at Angela's. Change quickly and let's get to the dining hall. I don't wanna miss the raspberry syrup." She ordered, placing the new clothes on the foot of the bed.

"The what?"

"Just get changed." she said, before leaving.

I finally got out of the bed and realized that I hadn't changed out of the clothes from yesterday. Hillary mentioned that there was a nightgown in the wardrobe. out of curiosity, I opened the wardrobe to look at the nightgown. It was a white dress that went down to my knees and had small flowers scattered around it. For some reason it reminded me of what I wore back in Ravenswood. I kept telling myself that this wasn't Ravenswood, but what if it was? What if it was just a façade that they put on for newcomers? This was a place full of killers and vampires, yet there were also children and women with babies in their bellies. There were doctors who swore to do no harm and cooks who worked to get meals to help feed the others.

I sensed that there was a relationship. The soldiers that went out looked for survivors and the people who stayed behind care for the children, the sick, and the wounded. Everyone did their part and they functioned nothing like Ravenswood.

I changed into the clothes that Hillary left for me and using what Valerie told me yesterday for the bra. It was odd having to wear it, but I didn't want to break any laws. This time the shirt was red and had a V shape in the front. The pants were the same as yesterday but this time they had fake diamond stones on the back pockets. A rather odd feature,  but I knew nothing of the culture from here in the bunker. This might be something that the women here might like and they were trying to make me one of them. Not forcibly, but gradually. I was sure that in the future I would find some clothes that I liked in Angela's shop. Once I finished getting dressed, I noticed the rag still tied to my wrist. I started to untie it and found that some of the broken skin was still bleeding. I started dabbing the oozing blood from the bite and suddenly a white yellowish fluid sprayed out from the bite. It smelled awful and I felt that there was still more from inside the wound, so I squeezed the bite. Sure enough, the same white yellow fluid was forced out of the bite. I needed a clean cloth to wipe it away, the rag that I had been using was dirty covered with my own blood. There was nothing I could use to wipe it now, so I went outside to find a clean cloth.

As soon as I walked out of the room, Roxy and Hillary saw my wrist.

"Holy shit, Alexis, why is that so infected?" Roxy asked.

"She was bitten by a vamp, you bimbo." Hillary said, walking toward be and took my wrist in her hands. "Alexis, did the Doc look at this?"

"No, I thought it was fine. Does it look bad?" I asked.

"Bad? Alexis, this could be infected. It's not good, however Doc can give you something that can stop the infection. Hopefully, it's not an infection, just a the bite healing.""How can you be sure?" I asked.

"We don't, but we should see her now before this becomes worse than it already is."

"What about breakfast?" I asked.