19: Asking The Real Question

The next morning, Yoongi dragged himself out of bed a whole fifteen minutes earlier than everyone else. He felt like he was going to die. The performance had gone absolutely spectacularly, which meant that he was even more exhausted than usual. But the work never stopped on tour. Today was another meet and greet.

To his surprise however, you were already there.

"Oh." He let out a small noise of surprise.

"Oh!" You let out the noise right back.

"I... I, uh, my face..." He stumbled, rubbing his eyes and making the absolute horror of his face even worse.

You turned to look at him and paused. Then, you covered your mouth to cover your smile. But then, you couldn't help but laugh.

"Aw, don't laugh at me!" Yoongi smile but slowly collapsed into your chair as you finished setting up your station. "We were so exhausted we basically all just rinsed off and went straight to bed last night!"

"You don't have to explain it to me, but you still look funny, with your eyeliner smeared around your face." You smiled as you got your cleaning supplies ready. "At least I have plenty of extra time today. Would you like to sleep?"

"Ah, um, no, I thought I might talk to you..." He stumbled through this sentence again. He sighed and relaxed as the cold pad touched his skin. "Your fingers feel so good."

"Thank you. I try to be gentle."

"I can tell. The others like it too." He relaxed further into the chair. "I might not have a choice but to fall asleep..."

"That's okay. I'll understand." You continued cleaning his face even better than usual.

"No, no... I just wanted to ask you something. How much time until everyone else arrives?" Yoongi asked nervously.

"I don't know, SUGA... Maybe five more minutes." 

"Yoongi..." His eyes closed slowly as he drifted off.

"Hmm?"

"Call me Yoongi. If you think I'm crazy hot, you could at least say 'Yoongi is crazy hot'." He smiled lightly.

The light touch on his face was quickly retracted, surprising him enough to make him open his eyes and see you bowing in front of him.

"I am so sorry. It was inappropriate of me to say something like that." You apologized to him, sincerely.

"Stop." Yoongi sat up suddenly. "Please stop, Freckles."

"What?" You looked up at him, meeting his eyes.

"I just wanted to ask why you thought that, I didn't need any apology..." He touched your shoulder lightly. "I don't like to hear you apologize to me."

You were at a loss of words for a minute or two.

"I... I don't know what to say..." You blushed deeply. "You're just... I guess it's my turn to stutter!"

Yoongi laughed just a bit, diffusing the tension.

"Are you sure you want to know why?" You gave him a look that he was unable to read.

"I think?" Yoongi made a funny face, diffusing the tension even further.

"I like your aesthetic a lot. I think you work hard, but you also seem like the type who would be... very... good... as a partner..."

"Why?" Yoongi smiled more as you busied yourself grabbing the make-up for the day.

"What do you want for make-up today?"

"Nose freckles and smokey eye." He answered quickly, closing his eyes and letting you work your magic. "Now, will you tell me why?"

"SUGA!" Mi Cha called out, "Odd to see you here early!"

"Later." You whispered.