Chapter 3: The Crime Scene

"for now, lets not put evidence in our mouths"

(Side Note: Right before I edited and posted this chapter I decided I didn't like Korra's previous name so I changed it. Sorry if I confuse anyone.)

____

After Hank had his last drink, it was surpirsingly easy to get him to his car and to the crime scene. Now all I needed to do was get him there.

Since Hank and I each had our own cars, I just had Hank follow me to the crime scene with Connor. It was very late, much later than I anticipated being out tonight. But duty calls, especially when I want to go to bed. Once we arrived, I slowed down my truck to see the small crowd of people gathering on the sidewalk in front of the scene. The house, well, it wasn't exactly a sight for sore eyes, it definitely needed some work. Pulling up to the curb, I turned the truck off and pulled the keys out just in time for Hank to pull up in front of me. I smirked at his lazy parking and got out of the truck just as Hank did and walked over to him.

"Ready?" I asked, dropping my keys back into my bag and placing my hands on my hips.

"I've got it kid, just wait here," Hank ordered and began to walk to the house.

"No way Hank, Fowler told me to accompany you," I insisted as I furrowed my brows and crossed my arms at him. If I had to stay up even longer because Fowler told me to, Hank was getting my help whether he liked it or not.

Hank chuckled a bit, "You can huff and puff all you want, go wait with the android or something. I don't give a shit. I won't be long."

With that, Hank walked off without another word leaving me irritated on the sidewalk. I was too tired to argue with that man right now. Plus Fowler didn't say anything about me specifically going to the crime scene, he just needed me to get Hank there.

"Douche," I muttered as I turned and walked to Hanks car, hopping in the driver's seat. Connor looked over to me and cocked his head to the side. "You're not going in with the Lieutenant?" He asked.

"Apparently not, Mr. Krabs over there said to stay put. So I figured I'd come wait in here," I explained as I crossed my arms and put my feet up on the dash.

"Mr. Krabs?" Connor asked, still confused.

"The Lieutenant- never mind, it was just a joke," I said as I lowered my feet back to the floor and looked at Connor. He just continued to look ahead, his chest rising and falling in simulation of breathing and his almost rhythmic blinking.

The car was silent once again as I looked away from him, it was almost deafening. I started to grown restless all of a sudden. Hank wanted me to stay here, but the more I waited the more curious I became about what happened.