Chapter 1: 5 Long Years Later.

Dehlia's POV

Do you ever get that weird crave or itch to do something, or like there's something you promised yourself you would do but you have forgotten about it. Yeah that's me on a day to day basis with this job in LA, you see after I graduated I left the famous city of Toronto, Canada to pursue my dreams, and to escape the grieve the city gave me after my brother passed hey who says I wanna admit that. You may be thinking Dehlia what is this job you have? Well I am the person that helps put together and write the music that your favourite artists sing, you know those 5 songs on the top 10 charts? Yeah I helped write and/or produce those songs in this last month and what's awesome is that we become great friends. I keep in close contact with them all and plan trips or catch-ups with them, but being in the entertainment industry doesn't always be all work-work-work and fun-fun-fun, there's always an all time high and all time low.

Later That Day...

"Lia, I've got a new client for you to work with he's new to the industry and is working on his album but he's stuck on a few songs. He's here in LA for his show this week, and he'll be at this address drop by at his place to work on the songs with him would you? Thanks darl' ttyl mwah mwah!" That ladies and gents is my supposed best friend and Shockingly my sister Helen, and yes she just said that in one breathe. Let me give you the 411 on my bubbly sister, she is one of America's top designers and my manager don't be fooled on this perfect bubbly image I've just planted in your head, oh no no no she lads and gents can be the mother of a queen bee if she has to when I first dated a guy named Tom she gave him that talk that all guys get but ignore. Boy was that his first mistake. She said I quote "Break her heart Thomas and, I will make sure that you wake up with broken bones and a nonexistent ego when I'm done with you." So when Tom cheated on me with the school sleeper, hell welcomed Thomas with open arms and embraced him for his actions and punishment. In other words he woke up 12 hours after cheating on me with both arms broken, knee dislodged, all 10 toes broken along with fingers, nose broken, both eyes purple and blue, and this is my favourite a broken pelvic bone. Yep that's what she meant by broken ego, she broken the one thing that only functions to boost his ego. *sigh* oh I love my sister *laughs nostalgically*. Anyways back to the present. I glanced up at the now closing door, wondering who the hell could be this important for my sister to: 1. Disturb me producing and writing a whole new song to show Ariana & Magnus aka Cashmere Cat (A/N: Let's just pretend she has the honour to do so, #SiaIsAmazing) and 2. Speak insanely quick like she's excited for something.

I decided like every sane person should which is to ignore that babble (A/N: hehehe reference to a character I'll introduce later) I continue working on the song.

Tiresome Hours Later...

Finally. I've got a heap of progress on the song, I've got the chorus and verse 1 & 2 done I just need some inspiration for verse 3.

I decide to test out what I have so far and see if anything comes to mind on the spot... [Imagine Dehlia in a recording booth while the beat is playing for the song] when the last chord is played for the introduction I start to sing the first verse:

And you say that I'm the devil you know

And I don't disagree, no, I don't see the harm 

They say, "You crazy, just leave him, he'll suffocate you" 

But I wanna be in your arms