Home p2 and new cover

New cover drawn by yours truely^

Keith's POV

Everyone gathered outside. We all agreed to meet back here in a week. I was still conflicted on where to go when I felt a hand on my shoulder "Hey Keith, where you gonna go?" He asked concern hinting through his happy tone. I shrug as I didn't want to break down here "You can stay with me! I mean if you want to like yeah," His voice was soft and comforting "I would want to intrude, besides you've been wanting to see your family for ages so-" "no no no I would love for you to come and I want my family to meet my rival!" He cuts me off "please Keithy boy," he winked at me. He flipping winked. System down. Shit your staring, do something say something ahhhhhhh "o-okay I'll go." I cross my arms and divert my eyes before I explode. His face lit up and he grabbed my arm "let's go!" He shouted. Thank god he doesn't notice in back here being a blushing mess.

—timeskip—

Lances POV

Here I am. I'm home. My breath is shaking. Just knock on the door. Knock knock knock. "Who's knocking at this hour!" I hear the gruff voice of my dad yell from inside "what do you w- Lance. Maria get down here!" He exclaims dropping the bottle he was holding onto the floor. "Who is it? Oh my lord! Lance baby your home!" My mum walks in soon running at me pulling me into a warm, strong hug that my dad joined into. "What's going on?" I hear another voice upstairs ask before the padding of feet. "Lance? Lance!" My sister, Veronica, screams basically jumping onto me. One by one I see my family enter and stare in shock or hug me "miho! I missed you so much." My mum sobs. After a reunion I introduce everyone to Keith "So you're the infamous Keith. Lance talked about you a lot you know. It's nice to finally meet you." Mum said as I stood a blush mess "Mum." I growl rubbing the back of my neck. Keith just laughed. Gosh I love his laugh.

—timeskip to night—

Keith's POV

It was nice meeting Lances family and all but I feel so out of place. "Night Keith." Lance smiles while poking his head into the door of the guest bedroom where I was staying "night." I reply. Im leaving. I pick up some paper and a pen and begin to write a letter

I'm sorry Lance but I have to leave now. I feel so out of place here. Thank you for letting me stay and your family is lovely and all but you should be spending time with them not me. I hope you understand.
-Keith

I tapped the note to the door, gathered my stuff and quietly left. I suppose I could just go back to my shack. Buzz buzz. I squint as bright lights glare of the screen of my phone. Sitting down in my lion I read the words
One new message
Shiro
Hey Keith how you doing. If you don't have anywhere to go you can stay with me. I was going to ask earlier but I decided not to because I don't think the others know about your family and you should decide whether they should know or not. If you want to come over please do. Your like my family and I'd hate for you to be alone.
Guess it's decided then. Beside Shiro could probably help me figure out my crush so Red, take me to Shiro.

Lances POV

I woke up and Keith was gone he left a letter and all but I'm worried about him so now I'm looking for him.  That's how I got here in blue flying to Shiros as that's where he will most likely be. I should be with my family but I'm really worried about Keith so mum told me to just go find him. Blue stopped outside a small house that must be shiros. I got out of blue and was about to knock when I heard voices
"I don't know what to do shiro, I like him but I'm sure he's not gay and what if someone in Voltron is homophobicwe may not be able to form Voltron again."
"Keith calm down, if you like Lance you should just tell him, he's lance I'm sure he'll understand beside we killed zarkon and lotor so we probably won't need Voltron for a bit so it will give time to blow over if something goes wrong."
"Shiro?"
"Yeah."
"Thanks."
"No problem Keith."
Wait Keith likes me. My legs fail me and I smack into the door accidentally pushing it open.
"L-lance!" I hear a startled shiro say. I look up and Keith's face is completely white
"How much did you hear!" Shiro shouts worried
"Umm. Most of it." I answer.
"Keith." Shiro turns to Keith but it's to late. Keith bolts past both me and shiro and ran out the door with tears bailing out his eyes and ran into red and took off.
Fuck.