Coming to terms.

I tried to ignore the fact that I was panicking and find a way out, but the only thing we could really do was outsmart them. I saw Betty and Polly at the end of the tunnel with a light switch.

They turned it off and we heard the scuffles and movement of the people going "where are they?" Grabbing the air to try and get us as we cornered ourselves and slipped past them and hid behind a wall. We waited for the steps to become quieter. The lights suddenly flickered back on. They were gone.

Betty and Polly had come down to us and asked if we were okay and we found the exit. And this was it, us and our sisters had escaped!

We were walking in that one wooded area and we had found the way to sweet-water river. Jayden obviously didn't know what happened and Polly did so we filled her in on everything that happened and Jayden went and hugged Polly, apologising profusely.

We had carried on walking, parting ways with Betty and Polly, knowing fully well what was going to happen at the Cooper family home. But we kept waking to the south side and by the trailer park. We stopped outside our trailer. "Are you sure you want to do this Jay? You don't have to?" And she just smiled.

"I'm fine (y/n) I'll be okay. I wanna see papa again" we both hugged and I smiled at her as we walked into the trailer. Father stood up from the counter and Jay ran straight towards him, hugging him tight and crying and he kept on apologising and started to cry with her. I smiled at this as we sat down and agreed to the living arrangements. Jay and I will get a new bed tomorrow and dad will still have his room.

I walked into my room, finding clothes that would fit Jay, seeing as we are the exact same in everything. I found a pair of ripped jeans, a crop top and a Adidas hoodie for her and a pair of ankle high socks. She smiled. Thanking me. Taking the clothes into the bathroom and getting changed. She then threw away the SOQM uniform away and she settled on the sofa. It's like she's been here all along.

I grabbed my old phone which was an iPhone 6 and gave it to her telling her to keep it. I have a 6s now which I am keeping but I wanted her to be able to have something as well. We had found an old SIM card and set up the number again and gave her credit and her first numbers to have was mine and fathers.

I was still trying to come to terms with the fact I had a twin and that she is now at home, where she belongs with me and dad and it made me feel amazing. We walked into my room and settled down for the night.

"Goodnight (y/n)"
"Goodnight Jayden"

I fell sleep, so happy that my sister was home and that my mother had even blessed me with a sister. My whole life I was so lonely and now I finally have someone that I can call my sister and fill the hole that mother left when she passed away.

Goodnight Jayden...

Sorry this is short but I also posted a chapter on "aphasia" today which was 930 words long :) please give that book some love too? Thank you!

Serpents, out 🐍🐍