✙ Chapter 13 ✙

Hey!

Thanks for reading! Sorry for any mistakes! Thanks to HopeWinters_ for her amazing covers and support! You're amazing!

~Lissa

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Emma," Ryker murmured, nudging me towards a corner. Nervously, I walked towards the corner, staring at Nora who was still unconscious. Drew was kneeled at her side, gripping her hand while whispering in her ear. Pity rose in my chest as I watched her chest slowly rise, then fall. She had been through a lot - first, killing werewolves for revenge on her mother's death, even though it was her decision. If I was her, I would've suffered through a large amount guilt, especially after discovering I was the mate of a werewolf. Then, in order to save her bother, she murdered her father. Despite his cruel behavior, I guaranteed she loved him at one point, whether it was years ago. And, finally, she was faced with the leader of the red-eyes, Killian, and killed him - except, she was bitten. Now, she was in pain, transforming into a beast that only wanted to kill and craved blood.

Ryker grabbed my wrist. "I think you should leave the room."

"What?" I blurted, surprised. "I'm not leaving."

"Don't argue with me," he responded, glancing over his shoulder. "My brothers and I have a plan to save her, but I - you shouldn't watch."

I ripped my wrist away from him. "Why not?"

"You're so difficult!" he groaned, his emerald eyes narrowing. "Look, it's going to cause Nora a lot of pain - it's going to cause us a lot of pain. It's something you shouldn't witness." My eyebrows knitted together in confusion as I looked over his shoulder, seeing Ethen and Caine whispering. What was their brilliant plan? Ryker scratched his forehead, taking a deep breath. "We're going to draw from her while she draws from us, Emma. Her body is going to steal our power and we're going to take hers. With the three of us together, it shouldn't kill us, but it'll leave us weak for a while."

"I'm confused," I mumbled, shaking my head. "You're going to draw from her? What is that going to do?"

He pinched his lips together. "We're going to basically 'flip-flop' the situation, Emma. We are going to absorb the red-eyed part of her while she takes a piece of each of us." I thought about it for a long moment, before my eyes widened in awareness. Instantly, I shoved at his chest, feeling sparks shoot up my arms. He frowned in confusion, taking a step backwards. Serious, I pointed my finger at him. "I want you to help her, but not this way! I don't want you to be a r-red-eye, Ryker."

"I have more control than her," he responded, quietly. "I will be able to fight off the murderous urges - when I choose."

I glared at him. "I don't care!"

"You wanted me to help her," he argued, moving closer. "And, this is the only way that will allow all of us to leave this place alive." I pinched my lips together, frustrated with the situation. A part of me wished that we never sought out to help Nora, yet a part of me was glad that she could possibly be reunited with Drew. She could have her life back with her brother and mate; I needed to stop being selfish. "I'm going to be alright, Cherry. I just don't want you to witness this."

I took a deep breath. "I'm not leaving."

Hesitantly, he pointed towards my chest. "You have one of the most innocent and purest souls I've ever seen - it's the complete opposite of mine. Yet, I'm intrigued and find it quite fascinating." Slowly, he dropped his hand and looked at me with his pleading, emerald eyes. "It'd be tragic if that changed. So, just go back outside and hang out with Drew's pack until we're finished, alright?"