✙ Chapter 14 ✙

Hey!

Thanks for reading! Sorry that it's short! I've been super busy!

~Lissa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was ringing in my ears as I slowly clambered to my feet, seeing splinters of glass around me. There were a few cuts on my arms, but nothing too serious - I turned my head, seeing Drew's pack assembling together. I watched as Cole groaned, yanking a shard of glass out of his thigh. He gritted his teeth together with a growl and within seconds, the wound was healed. Katie was curled into Jay's chest, unharmed. Judging by the few splinters of glass in his back, he seemed to have taken the explosion. Eyes wide, Brody rose to his feet, staring at the cabin. Instantly, Cole hurried to his side, grabbing his arm. Then, there was Laura who stood near Katie, a scrap on her cheek that was already healing. "Nora!"

A familiar voice shouted, causing me to whip my head around. Noah was bleeding as he rushed up the porch steps and into the cabin, screaming for his sister.

"What just happened?" Katie screeched, shakily.

"That was amazing," Brody breathed, grinning.

I held up a hand. "I-I don't know - just stay here." They exchanged looks as I hurried up the porch steps and into the cabin after Noah. I wandered through the dark cabin, hearing the wooden boards creak beneath me. Getting close, I heard heavy breathing and a wheeze of pain - oh no. I turned the corner, bursting into the room. My eyes widened at the sight before me. Ryker and his brothers were collapsed around the bed, breathing heavily. Ethen was leaning against the wall, straining to keep his eyes opened. Caine was laying on his back, his eyes closed. And, lastly, Ryker was on his hands and knees, trembling. My eyes shifted to Nora who was groaning on the bed, twisting around.

"Nora, I'm here," Drew said, gripping her hand. "Please, come back to me, sweetheart." I held my breath as I watched, freezing in the entrance. Noah lingered at the end of the bed, gripping a handful of his hair. There was a long moment of silence; a pin could've dropped right then. Drew glanced towards Noah, biting his bottom lip in concern. Then, Nora jerked forward with a small scream and the wooden boards nailed to the windows came flying off. I gasped and ducked, seeing one zoom over my head. Moonlight streamed into the room, stretching across the dusty floorboards. Next thing I knew, Nora was coughing hysterically, pulling roughly at the chains locking her to the bed.

"Hey, I'm right here - everything is going to be okay."

She screamed again, clawing at her chest. Noah turned away and moved towards me, a tear sliding down his cheek. She clawed at her chest, leaving deep scraps in her skin - instantly, Drew grabbed her wrists and pinned her arms to the bed. She continued screaming, kicking her legs wildly. Before I understood what was happening, the cabin was shaking, literally. Clumps of dust started falling from the ceiling and terrified of the place collapsing, I grabbed Noah's wrist in worry. I glanced towards Ryker who fell onto his stomach, weakened. Appearing worried, Drew shook his head. "Nora, stop! Please!"

Noah started approaching the bed with me following closely behind. Nora bent upward, her back rising from the bed. Thinking I was in some exorcist film, I covered my mouth with my hand in disbelief. The door slammed shut behind us and I flinched, gulping loudly. This was unbelievable - was this really happening right now? The dangling light started flickering until it completely exploded, providing us with only the moonlight to see. Then, everything stopped; she stopped. She froze on the bed, her eyes squeezed shut.