Welcome home

(3rd pov)

Swinging from building to building while enjoying the adrenaline rush and the feeling of the wind as he flew around Queens. He had stopped doing any patrols for quite a time since he was having a major breakdown. At first, he denied the fact that he needed a break, but after being told by Tony, his dad and his aunt May that even heroes like him needed to rest, Peter finally agreed to do so. It was two weeks after the surprise and the heart-to-heart talk he head with Tony. It was refreshing for him, to say the least. Sure, he had his off days at times, but it was manageable ever since he took a well deserved rest and he actually managed to sleep for 8 hours straight. For someone who's known to be insomniac due to all the nightmares, well memories, that made him have panic attacks whenever he woke up, it was a huge achievement for him. Especially since the nightmares had been tone down. He also started to see a therapist that was picked by Tony Stark and Pepper Potts themselves. The first session he had was on Saturday, it was awkward and nerve-wrecking but it started to go well for him for his second one. Tony himself would accompany Peter whenever he had his therapy session and in turn, Peter would keep him company when Tony had his.

"Peter, there's a mugging near you," the sweet cheery voice of Karen, brought Peter out from his thoughts. "How many people, Karen?" Peter asked as he shot his web and swung to the mugging place. "There's two people, and they have knives with them," Karen said just as Peter, or rather Spiderman, landed on top of a roof just above the two muggers and their victim. Peter crouched down and watched the scene before him a bit. He asked Karen which of the muggers he should stop first. Then, he realized that he could just webbed them both up.

"That's it! You're testing our limits!" one of the mugger yelled at the victim, who was just a petite teenage guy. Peter saw that the mugger took out his knife and was rushing towards the frozen kid. He immediately webbed the knife away and jumped down between the teenager and the muggers. "Spiderman!" the teenager cheered. Peter looked over his shoulder to look at the victim briefly. "What's up?" he asked casually as he dodged a punch being thrown at him by the knife-less mugger. "Hey! It's rude to punch people when they're talking!" Peter exclaimed as he caught the mugger's fist and flip him on his back, knocking the mugger unconscious. "Well, that was easy. Didn't know that muggers these days are getting weaker and weaker. Or, am I just getting stronger? I should test my strength sometime," Peter mumbled as he webbed the other mugger's knife to the wall, sticking both the mugger and the knife on it. "Hmm... for safety measures, I'm gonna web you up some more," with that being said, he webbed both muggers into a cocoon of web. "There! All done!" he cheered and turned to look at the awestruck boy.

"You should be more careful, alright? Take care now!" He shot his web and just as he was about to swing away, he heard the boy yelled, "Thank you, Spiderman! You're awesome!". Peter grinned behind his mask as he swung away. Peter couldn't lie, being Spiderman was amazing! Especially when the people he helped out showed their appreciation to him. He didn't mind it when people didn't thank him or when some people called him a menace. To him, doing the right thing, which was to protect the little guys, was enough for him. But being thanked or having people greeting him as he swung by or people asking him for pictures and autographs really warms his heart. It made him felt like every single injuries he had, either minor or major, was worth it. He loved helping people out, even when he was Peter Parker and not Spiderman, he would still help people. He knew he couldn't turn back the time to save his uncle Ben when he could, so he does the next best thing. Helping people out so that they won't experience what he had. He remembered what he told Tony, his dad, when he was recruited to fight against Captain America and his team.

"When you can do the things that I can, but you don't, and then the bad things happened, they happen because of you". He said that because he remembered how he couldn't help save his uncle when he could. He always thinks that it was his fault that his uncle had died no matter how many times May told him that it wasn't. That's one of the reason why he took the mantle to be Spiderman and save people. So that he won't repeat the same mistake he did back then. The other reason was what his uncle had told him before he died. His uncle, who was bleeding so much in his arms, already nearing his death, had looked Peter in the eyes and gave him a piece of advice that Peter would always remember, "Remember Peter, with great power, comes with great responsibility". Peter knew he have the powers to help people and he was aware of the huge responsibility he'd carry because of his powers. So, he become Spiderman.