The Return

I'm so sorry for the late update! I just finished with college(for this semester that is) and just got a free time to update this story.

I'm sorry if the chapter seemed rushed or confusing. Do let me know if you guys need me to explain anything from this chapter. Also, this will be a long chapter.

Hope you like it!

For a moment, it was silent. Everyone stared at the girl in front of them and all of them seemed to be analyzing her. The girl, Aiden, gently took off the hood over her head, letting them see her unique silverish hair braided nicely. She took out a pair of glasses and put them on, making her already big eyes seemed a bit bigger, the red in her eyes were warm and fond. Her posture was slouched, but it was not because of exhaustion, but because of relaxation. Her wolf ears twitched a bit as she let them look at her and her ten white fluffy tails were swaying lazily behind her. Finally, she broke the silent with an amuse and fond chuckle.

"You know, I know it's my fault for leaving, but don't I get a hug for coming home in one piece?"

"YOU'RE HOME!" Peter exclaimed happily as he bounded towards his sister and gave her a huge hug. Aiden was taller than him by a good 4 inches, and since she has her father's body figure, she was broad. It made Peter look smaller than her. She smiled softly at her baby brother as he sniffled to against her shoulder. "Missed you... Missed you so bad.... you didn't call... thought you'd never come back... thought you hate me..." and boy didn't that break her heart?

"Peter, I could never hate you dear... You're my one and only baby brother and I'm sorry for leaving you and May without telling you why and I'm sorry for not calling or send you guys a letter... Please forgive me, pumpkin pie," her tone was loving and gentle as her whisper to her brother. She kept a hand on Peter's back and the other was ruffling his curly hair gently as she gently set them both down, letting Peter to sit on her lap.

"Forgive you... don't leave again, please?" Peter looked at her with his big brown eyes. Aiden smiled and gently kissed his forehead. "Sweetie, I'm back for good this time... My mission is done, S.H.I.E.L.D won't call for me anymore... Well unless they want me to kick their ass for bugging me or if it's an emergency and they're to helpless when I'm not there to fix things for them," that caused Peter to giggle. He glanced up at her and kissed her forehead.

"Good to have you back sis!"

"It's good to be back indeed," and suddenly, their small moment was interrupted by a cough. They both looked up to see Tony and May, looking at them with a fond smile. She grinned. "Come and join the dog pile already! I need more hugs! Phil and Nick suck at giving hugs!" both adults laughed as they mad their way to their children. May hugged them both first, landing a kiss on Aiden's temple as she spoke softly to her. "We missed you so much, you know? I should ground you for leaving us like that, but for now, I'll let it slide," Aiden chuckled and looked up at Tony. May and Peter got up and sat by their side, giving them some spaces and Tony never looked so thankful when they did that. He gently knelt down in front of his Goddaughter and pulled her to a hug.

"You're an idiot"

"I know"

"You stupid brat, leaving me and telling me at the last minute is a big no-no, you got that?"

"I know"

"I should ground you. Yup, I'm grounding you and I don't care that you're already 20 years old"

"I'm okay with that"

"I can't believe you're here"

"I missed you, dad,"