8

The air felt tense around them.

Whenever anyone comes across news like this, we search tirelessly in our minds to find the right words, and more often than not, we are left with nothing. What do you say to a person who has gone through rape? Angelo's mind was running endlessly on the correct things to say.

Normally he makes the mistake of not thinking through the words before letting them escape his mouth. But there was an exception this time. He couldn't risk the words coming out the wrong way and he had to think hard.

"Elliot, I am insensitive and seen as a terrible person. And right now, I am trying my best to not screw this up for you. I'm not good with words and my vocabulary is limited. But rape traumatizes a person regardless of gender. And that guy that congratulated you should go to hell" The entire time Elliot had his eyes glued to the floor while he held himself tight. But the last part of what Angelo said made his gaze level with his eyes.

"I'm not a smart guy and I'm positive that you have picked up on that. So, if I happen to say something or cross my boundaries, feel free to set me straight. Because even if I barely know you, I don't want to be the one to make you feel any worse than you do now, and I won't make you say anything else unless you're ready" His dark brown eyes showed his true colors.

This is the Angelo that he saw back at the cemetery when he was talking to his parents. Elliot couldn't help by smile at the realization. Although he isn't good with his words and can get angry at things too quickly, he isn't the type of person to intentionally hurt others

Deep down he is a nice and caring guy. But it has been blocked with years of hurt which explains why he is the way he is now.

"Why are you smiling again?" "I found a reason to"

"And what might that be?"

"You. Not the cover stories, missing child flyers, physical appearances, or contributing to underage activities, but the real Angelo. The one that commemorates their parent's lives even after death and the one that comforts a rape victim" Angelo looked away. He always did whenever he felt like Elliot knew him more than he even knew himself.

"Angelo, you have a good heart. Sometimes it is well hidden by the façade of anger, but deep inside you even know that you care hurt feel and emphasize just the way anyone else would"

Strom scoffed and looked up to meet his gaze. "What can I say I'm not your ordinary delinquent"

"That is because you're not even a delinquent to start with" For a brief moment they were both silent. Angelo gazed at Elliot's eyes as he noticed for the very first time that it was the darkest shade of blue he has ever seen on human's eyes; it almost looked unreal.

Normally he wouldn't pay attention to details, but he couldn't help but want to. Something about Elliot was special, odd-even.

He has never met anyone who can read him and understand the way he is more than he can. And not to mention the fact that the two of them have hardly known each other. It's weird how a certain person can easily change you and make you feel like you are meant to be here.

"Day by day you sound more like a fortune cookie" Elliot shook his head in amusement as he readjusted his glasses on the bridge of his nose for the second time today.

"Well, I do love Chinese food" Again Elliot said this in his usual monotone voice. He doesn't realize how funny he really is until he hears Angelo laugh. "God, man, I never would've thought you as the funny guy"

"Neither did I" The atmosphere in the room was quickly turning a lot lighter and more positive. The rain even stopped as the bright sun lit the entire room making it look like a movie scene by the beach.