9

Last night after being dropped off by Martin, Angelo took a quick shower, brushed his teeth, and headed straight to bed without wasting any time. Sleeping was already a struggle after being 48 hours free of any illegal consumption. But getting to bed early allowed him to fall asleep at a much reasonable time.

When he woke up this time instead of feeling tired, he felt very irritable. Little things would annoy him whether it is the noise of a small bird chirping, or the housekeeper's vacuuming one room over. It took all of his dignity to not lash out in annoyance; a little while later he got sick of feeling this way and decided to take a nice long walk.

Currently, it was five minutes till eleven in the morning and nobody was around which was perfectly fine since Angelo wasn't even in the mood to be seen or talked to by anyone. Taking this walk and breathing in fresh air did help with coping through the withdrawals. Angelo wasn't sure where he was headed; he simply let his feet venture off into any place it wanted to go and wherever it led him was going to turn into his ideal destination.

That's how he was; a spontaneous teen that didn't plan out each move since he wanted to let life come to him. It was less stressful that way, or at least that's how Angelo sees it. A few miles of walking cleared his mind a lot and he felt a lot less irritated.

Even so, the birds and a slight hush of the wind made his glare colder than usual, but at least he felt better than he did at the start of his day. Now that he felt somewhat back to normal, he started looking around his surroundings and noticed that it felt very familiar. Big houses, clean streets, expensive looking decor......this had to be Clover Street.

But how did he end up there? A couple houses over he saw a big beige house with wide gates and a garden leading up to the front door. He knew straight away that it was Elliot's and checked the clock on his phone. It has just turned half twelve which meant that he wasn't home from school yet and won't be for a few hours.

Suddenly a figure around the same height as he popped up from the garden. He appeared to be trimming the bushes and when he turned around, he faced Angelo and they made eye contact.

"Martin?" He stopped what he was doing and folded his hands in a polite manner.

"Hello, you're the young man that has recently become friends with our Elliot, I am terribly sorry I never asked for your name" The way he spoke made the whole aura calm and gentle which reminded him a lot of Elliot.

"It's fine, I'm Angelo" Martin gave him a quick smile and glanced at his watch than the front door behind him before looking at Angelo once again with that same polite smile never leaving his face. "Why don't you come in and wait until he returns home. It shouldn't be long now" Angelo was hesitant since he didn't think Elliot would like the idea of him being there without him knowing, but he also couldn't decline the offer since he kept on insisting.

He nodded his head in defeat and slowly entered the house. It felt strange being here without having Elliot around. The house seemed so empty, and the size didn't help that either.

"So, this is what you meant by feeling lonely. I get it, this is like an empty purchase huh?" Angelo mumbled to himself remembering the first things that Elliot has said to him when he started to open up to him. Sometimes when you put yourself in their shoes in a literal way, you can see things through their perspectives and even emphasize with them. Right now, Angelo felt lonely, sad, and in need of some sort of comfort.

"Do you feel like this every day?" He asked thinking out loud. For some reason, Angelo felt inclined to help Elliot; understand him and provide him with the comfort that he needs. He didn't know why he wanted to do this though since he could care less about anyone and anything. But Elliot was different, and he couldn't help but want to make him feel better about his life. And he was also the first human being (aside from his parents of course) that he paid much attention to.