Chapter 21

I was born Endolynn Allayna Arendale in 4567.

My parents were the King and Queen of Arendale, Cassius Arendale, and Ellyssia Arendale

I was the youngest of five: Curo, Estonia, Celeste, Erinai, and me, Endolynn.

We had a happy life filled with family and surrounded by love. That is until Garrett Arendale. Garrett was my father's youngest brother.

 He had always been envious of Cassius and held no love for his family.

In a well-planned attack on the palace, Garrett managed to murder our eldest siblings, leaving only Erinai and me.

We managed to escape thanks to our governess Mrs. Eliza Cromwell.

Our parents, Cassius and Ellyssia, also managed to escape and planned to meet us at the edge of the capital city near an old sweet shop named Gizmo's. 

Unfortunately, when we arrived we met with a grisly scene. It would seem the King and Queen of Arendale could not escape the inevitable. 

They were cut down where they stood soaking in their own blood. After that, it was obvious Garrett knew the youngest we were still alive.

 He made it his mission to destroy us once he had taken the throne. Eliza, Lorenxa, Morore, and King Arcanon hatched a plan. 

The plan was simply to hide the children until they were older. Get one of them to marry into the royal family then reveal their identity. 

Once that occurs said child will have an entire kingdom at their back. Then it should be easy to overthrow Garrett and combine the two kingdoms.

"Mother and father had planned to unite the two kingdoms far before their demise, having already promised our older sister Estonia's hand to King Ari. As you know things did not go according to plan so you were set to take her place," Erin finished

"A-Ari knew of this?" I questioned

"I cannot comment on what he knew and did not know,"

"So this was all some elaborate plan that no one bothered to tell me about?"

"Unfortunately yes. Are you angry?"

"I suppose I am, not as angry as I could be, but angry nonetheless. I guess I was hoping that everything was exactly how it seemed you know? My real parents are dead and I have at best sketchy memories of them. I am supposed to unite two kingdoms some way somehow. I thought Ari chose me because I was special and he actually had feelings for me,"

"I cannot speak for the feelings of those men out there, only they can do that, but I can tell you that those men would without a doubt give their lives for yours. If I know nothing at all I know that,"