11 | try not to punch nick...or do

chapter eleven: try not to punch nick...or do

He's following me.

Nick is like a lovesick puppy, and it's annoying the shit out of me. He's in a relationship with my ex best friend, and he's still pining after me. My hands are basically tingling and itching.

They just can't wait to punch the frickin dimwit. "Come on, darling," he says. "You're going to talk to me eventually. You know you'll break."

I scoff, continuing to walk. But I myself know I will. "Darling-" he tries, but it's about damn time I cut him off.

"What do you want, Nick?" I say.

A cocky smirk carves it's way onto his face and my eye twitches. "Told you," He says. My jaw clenches and I fold my arms. "Astrid, I just wanna say that...I know-I know I hurt you," he starts.

"Is there a point to this? Because yeah, you're damn right about that. You hurt me. So why the hell do you want to talk to me?" I ask, direct and straight to the point. My eyes burn holes in him, but he doesn't meet them.

"I'm sorry, baby," he says softly. I nearly lash out at him just for calling me that, but he speaks again. "You have to believe me when I tell you I love you."

I feel a lump build up in my throat at his words. I don't know whether or not to believe him. He's messing with my emotions, and from the look on his face, I know it's on purpose.

You're stronger than you know.

Kellan's words echoes back to me and I look back up at Nick. "Bullshit."

"No, Nicholas," I continue. "You don't love me. You may think you care about me, and frankly I like that. But the thing is, I don't love you. I loved you. I loved you so damn much, but you fucking broke that trust."

Hurt flashes across his face, and I like it. I want him to feel pain. He deserves it. Ha, I'm so dramatic. Focus, Astrid! "Darling, please..."

"I didn't want to talk you. I didn't want to help you the other day. I don't want to do anything for you and have anything to do with you. Do you get it?" I say. He's about to speak again, but I cut him off once more. Hmm. It actually feels good to be the one interrupting for once, instead of getting interrupted like I always do. "So now I'm gonna tell you something, and you better listen to it, or you will get punched in the face," I snarl, going closer so we're only three inches apart. "Shut the hell up."

I don't care if it's harsh. I don't care if it hurts him either, because that's more of the point, really.

And with that last sentence, I leave Nick behind.

Or at least, I'm hoping to. Because right after that, Nick grabs my waist, pulling me towards him. Do we really have to go through this now? Like seriously, right in the middle of campus? He brushes his lips against my ear. "I know you care about me, Astrid," he says. Nick buries his nose in my neck. "I know how much you want me," he continues. I'm silent, because I don't know how to react.

If he had done something like this last time, I would have felt differently, that's safe to say. It still tingles, but it doesn't feel as good as it would have last time. It isn't comfortable. Nick whispers my name, but now it's his turn to get interrupted.

"Nick?" The familiar voice of Brooke asks. Nick releases me in an instant, eyes widening. Fucking shithead. There's hurt in Brooke's eyes when she sees me. "Astrid," She says. "I don't...what are you guys..."

"Oh, come on," I whine. Nick is such a drag. I'm a flash, I elbow him hard in the gut, and do the one thing I've been wanting to do.

I punch him.