35 | i like your abs

chapter thirty-five: i like your abs

This is my first time in a club.

I don't exactly know what I'm supposed to do, so I awkwardly wait at the bar. Now that I'm here, I already regret it. Heck, I'm underage. What a stupid bouncer. Honestly, I should just go.

The girls dancing here are all wearing revealing clothes which don't cover much while I'm here wearing skinny jeans and crop top. I look like a fucking nerd among the popular girls or whatever.

Standing up, I'm prepared to leave when I suddenly see a familiar face across the bar. It's Kellan. Of course. I hate fate, or the universe, or whatever's controlling this. Then again, it's the nearest bar to the house.

I grab my bag and place it in front of my face as I attempt to spy on him like a creepy stalker. Yeah. I have issues. I wonder what he's doing here? I look to the people on the dance floor and decide I'm too short to blend in. Actually, I'm not short. But it's just that their heels are so tall it's ridiculous. Also, I think I have a high chance of getting groped in that hot mess of underage drinkers and hormones.

My eyes drift back to Kellan, where a girl walks over to him. I can't exactly lip read, but I think he said 'hey'? Is it a date? My eyebrows furrow, but would he actually date already? Right?

Darn. I though we had something.

Yeah, no shit, Astrid. You guys dated.

It becomes obvious that Kellan's knows the girl and was waiting for her here. Maybe they're cousins. Honestly, who am I kidding? What kind of cousins meet at a bar by themselves? Wait, actually, I'm not sure. The girl runs her hand down his chest. Okay. So not cousins.

Well, ouch.

I came here to maybe drink and not feel so heartbroken anymore. It's stupid, really. I'm acting like a teen who says she's in love with their boyfriend after a day of dating. But worse. No. But I'm not in love with him. I think. I think I came close though. But still, it's not going to work.

Because if he's right there, I'm going to go over and mess up his date. I see Kellan pick up a lock of her hair and play with it as she moves in closer to him. Oh well. I guess my heart is hurting again.

Kellan gives her a kiss, which turns into a make out session as she kisses his neck. He looks like he's enjoying it, but he almost seems distracted. But whatever. Good for him then. Friends. Kellan tilts his head a little, and his eyes widen when he sees me. It occurs to me that I'm hugging my bag, and no longer using it to cover my face.

He pauses, but the girl quickly squeezes his cheeks with her hand as she makes him face her, kissing him again. His eyes open a few times to look at me and I weakly flash him a thumbs up sign.

"Hey," someone says. I turn my head to see a guy smirking at me. "Can I buy you a drink?" Damn. Mark this as the one time someone actually noticed me. Still, I shake my head, giving him a polite smile.

"Aw, why not?" He places his hand on my arm. "You're sitting here alone, and you're not buying a drink. So you're obviously waiting for someone to buy you one, aren't you?" he asks.

"No, it's fine. Seriously. I'm waiting for someone anyway," I say, but I can tell he doesn't believe me.

"Come on, let me just buy you one drink," He turns to the bartender, and before I can stop him, he's already ordered a drink. It comes after about a minute, and the guy pushes the drink towards me.

I glance at Kellan, who's paying zero attention to me and looking at the girl. So I look at the drink, and really, why the fuck not? Smiling at the man, who's name I still haven't gotten, I accept the drink and drink it up quickly.