22.5 | sierra's side

chapter 22.5: sierra's side

THIS SCENE IS IN SIERRA'S POV

I hate her.

Astrid Flynn.

She has this whole little halo around her head, which Kellan just can't seem to get past. What does she have that I don't? She's pretty, that's for sure, but her personality is filled with so much goddamn shit. Kellan can't see through that exterior, but I definitely can.

Well, I'm fake. But at least I admit it.

Kellan is the only guy I've ever really liked. I don't like that many people, but he's actually a full package, literally and metaphorically. Astrid knows he likes me. And yet, refuses to just stay away from him?

Or maybe that's just because I'm so fucking pissed at the moment.

Still, pulling all this 'I'm homeless and I have nowhere to go' crap? That's ridiculous. What normal girlfriend would be okay with her boyfriend staying with another girl who looks about ready to pounce on him any moment I'm gone?

Under eye wear?

I've never heard a worse lie. Her intentions are clear to me, even if Kellan is too blind to see it. Hell, this isn't even me being suspicious or insecure. This is a legitimate thing to be worried about.

I have to keep reminding myself of the same thing as I force out the tears, standing outside Kellan's house. Looking in my compact mirror one more time, I check that the handprint on my face is still there. I saw Astrid go out earlier, so it's good that she won't be hanging around him like a fly for once.

The door bursts open as I enter, clutching my cheek. Kellan exits his room, slightly shocked about the sudden entrance. "Si—?" He pauses when he sees my red eyes and tear strewn face.

Almost at once, his eyebrows furrow as he goes over to wrap me in a hug. I fall to the ground, dissolving in a mess or tears. "Hey, what happened?" My hand had been over my face the entire time, and I finally let it slide down, revealing the handprint on it. Kellan turns angry at once, holding my hand.

"Who did this to you? Tell me who and I swear I will fucking kill the bitch—"

I hold my other hand up to stop him, taking deep breaths to calm myself down. It's a ploy, and even though I'm being manipulative now, I'm really just getting rid of the threat that is Astrid. "Kellan...you're not going to like it."

He frowns. "Si, it doesn't matter. Just tell me," he wipes my tears away. For a split second, my insecurities are lost. But I know it won't be for long unless I get rid of her.

"It was..." I look around, seemingly nervous. "Astrid," I sigh, stepping back. "I shouldn't have told you, I'm sorry-" I look at Kellan, but can't read his expression. His eyes harden immediately, but there's a flicker of doubt inside, and I know exactly why I was so insecure about it.

He doesn't believe me.

He believes his so called completely platonic roommate over his girlfriend.

"Okay," he starts slowly. "Astrid probably had a reason to do this. Do you know why?" He rubs my arms to try and comfort her, a look of control on his face. And that fucking annoys me. He really goes crazy for Astrid.

"Uh," I hesitate, pretending that I don't really want to tell him why it happened, but I do anyway, wiping away a tear at the same time. "I caught her. She was sleeping with someone. Her..,ex boyfriend. I don't know...I don't know what happened," I sniffle. "But she just slapped me after I caught her."

"Nick?" Kellan murmurs. "She was sleeping with Nick?"

Nick. That must be her ex. "Yeah, that guy, I'm not sure," I cry, slightly exasperated. "But she slapped me."

"And she slept with Nick," Kellan looks more angry now. In fact, he's pissed, alright. I haven't seen him look this angry before. He seems to have a greater range of emotions when it comes to anything related to Astrid, and I hate that.

"She slapped me," I press on the fact, the tears stopping as I glare at him.

"She slept with Nick," he adds on. I let out a shaky breath. He cares about that more than about me. This, I'm not even wrong to be lashing out anymore. I know how Kellan feels about everything, and it's not something I like.

But he's angry.

And if it did the job, it's good enough.

i mean who even expected that 😰😰