1

It all started with a letter. One letter addressed to Y/n Jefferson in Monte Cello, Virginia. One letter that tore up Maria's divorce case. One letter telling of her sudden death.

Dear Y/n Jefferson,

I regret to inform you that Maria Lewis Reynolds was found dead in her living room on the twentieth of July. Her body was covered with wounds and bruises, a knife also found embeded in her stomach.

Her husband James Reynolds is currently being held in a priso until proven innocent by law. Her children, Madeline Lewis Reyonlds and Suan Lewis Reynolds, are still currently living in the Reynold household. I request you take them in your care until a proper home is found.

This case is under current investigation, a trial to be happening three months hence. All that is uncertain is who exactly caused Miss Lewis' death and what this person's inentions were.

Stay safe, Ms. Jefferson. Stay safe and beware the truth.

Sincerely,
-

Nothing. It wasn't signed by a name, which made it harded to track who the letter was from. The address wasn't stated either.

Lots of things don't add up here.

Who wrote this letter? Why send it to Y/n? Who killed Maria Reynolds? Are Madeline and Susie alright? Why does it say "beware the truth"?

But that was all yesterday.

Today as a new day. A fresh start for Y/n to do some new things and possibly solve a murder mystery.

Her first destination for the day was the Reynolds (Lewis... whatever) household. She needed to check on Maria, Mads, and Susie.

She knocked on the door, and impatiently waited for an answer. She repeatedly tapped her foot on the ground, anxious to what comes next.

Madeline opened the door. Her hazel eyes red and puffy from mourning and grieving. She wore a black dress, with a white colar and bits of white on the sleeves.

"O-oh." She sniffed. "It.. it's you."

Y/n pulled Madeline into a hug before she can say anything. She knew what Madeline was going through, she knew what it was like losing someone... losing a mother.

Madeline wrapped her arms around Y/n her braided curls bouncing at her fast actions. Madeline quietly sobbed into Y/n's shoulder, hoping Susan wouldn't come to the door.

"Sh, it's gonna be fine." Y/n said.

"No... you don't understand she..." Madeline caught herself. Mom told her a secret, one she shouldn't tell anyone.

So she gave out a louder sob, hoping that Y/n would brush it off as Madie cutting herself with crying.

Sure it was sad losing her mother, bt Madeline knew it was gonna happen. She studied people, she knew their intentions before they themselves knew.

Mads steadied her breathing, pulling away from the hug and wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Susie is inside." She said, geasturing for Y/n to come in.

Sadness and silence befell the house. Y/n couldn't believe she had just been here yesterday. Everything seemed so fast, so sudden, so... planned.

Susan was on the couch, hugging her knees and crying into them, her whole body trembling and shaking.