2

"Oh, and they live here now, thaaaanks Dad!" Y/n said and kissed Thomas on the cheek. "Mads, Susie, I'll show you to your room!"

"Wait, what?!" Thomas yelled, despite Y/n being half way up he stairs. "Y/n M/n Jefferson, get back here!"

"Shouldn't you... go back down?" Madeline asked.

"Psh, Dad can come up here himself." Y/n said and quickened her pace, walking down the hallway and stopping at a room. "Here we are."

"Madeline, are we really gonna have our own room?" Susan asked, her brown eyes sparkling with delight and excitement.

"Well..."

"Of course!" Y/n said. "I can even get you a room each."

"Really--"

"Isn't needed, but thank you for the offer." Madeline said, giving Susan a small glare.

Susan stuck her bottom lip out, pouting at her big sister. She nodded anyways, her pout still visible.

"Okay. But if you start sleep-talking, I'm kicking you out." She said.

"You can't do that, I'm older." Madeline said, crossing her arms.

"I can do it, because you loooooove me." Susan said.

Madeline sighed as Y/n giggled at the two. Man, they were so adorable. It reminded of her and her sister.

Huh.

Y/n hasn't used the word sister in such a long time. She missed Mary a bunch and is still mad at herself for technically causing her to run away.

Her bottom lip moved under her teeth as she tried not to sob. Her fist clenched her magenta dress, it was so hard she could feel her nails through the fabric.

Y/n smiled anyways, pushung aside the thoughts until she was alone. She opened the door and instantly Susie's pout disappeared.

"Holy mother of mac and cheese." Susan said, her mouth having wide open.

She pulled Mads inside, forgeting all about the sleep-talking and such. Y/n giggled and followed them inside the bedroom.

The room had two beds in it, both with light red sheets. A desk was issued on the wall at the back of the room, right next to one of the many windows. A wardorbe on the wall opposite the beds, it was tall, Susan opened it and saw it was filled with dresses ranging from red to magenta.

"What?" Thomas breathed out.

The three turned to see Mister Jefferson standing at the door, his arm propped against the door frame and his chest heaving.

"D... did you come here to get me or because Susie said mac and cheese?"

"Maybe both." Thomas replied. "But, seriously, Y/n I... need to talk with you."

"Okay."

"Alone."

"We are alone."

"No, like.... PRIVATE JEFFERSON MEETING, EXCUSE ME WHILE I TAKE THIS. THANK YOU." Thomas yelled and picked Y/n up, dragging her out of the room.

"Dad, what gives?" Y/n said as she stood up.

"I should say the same to you." Thomas said, glaring at his daughter. "I don't even know who they are and now they live here?"

"Touché." Y/n said. "But, Dad, the two don't have parents."

"This is Monte Cello. Not an orphanage." Thomas said. "What if they're using you?"

"Dad, their mom just died." Y/n said, the anger slowly rising inside her. "The two are devastated! Remember how Ma... how.... how Mary... and I were back when... back when Mom died?"

Thomas' heart broke when Y/n's voice cracked trying to mention both Mary and Martha.

But he had to be strong. Orphans can have rabies. He would know, Alexander bit him more than once. The small gremlin could only reach his arm though, but it was painful enough to branish him as a rabid creature.

"At least tell me--"

"They're Maria's kids."

"... Maria who?"

"Reynolds."

Thomas' face fell at his daughter's reply. Wh.. what the actual fuck?

"Wait, Maria Reynolds is... dead?" Thomas asked.

"Yes. She is." Y/n replied. "I... I'm just trying to help them..."

"Honey... you..."

Thomas sighed in defeat. "Alright fine, they can stay as long as they need." He said.

Y/n smiled and hugged Thomas tightly. He chuckled and hugged back. He had one daughter run away, he won't let that happen again.

He lost too many people, Y/n was all he had left. And if she wants to adopt rabid orphans, then he will support his daughter no matter what.

Besides, it would be... nice having two more people in the house.

"Now go and help them with whatever." Thomas said.

"Thanks again, Dad." Y/n said and ran off to the room. "And... Dad?"

"Hm?" Thomas hummed.

"I... I love you."

Thomas' lips curled into a small, loving smile. "I love you too, Y/n."

🍃

"Oh dear." Elizabeth said as she sat back down on the couch. "This is bad."

"Momma?" AJ asked, walking down the stairs. "Where's Philip?"

"He's... out buying... some pink... turnips from... the farm house... field."

"You don't know, do you, Momma?" AJ asked, crossing his arms.

"No, sweetie. I don't." Eliza said.

Alex walked to his mother and sat next to her on the couch. A worried look on his face as he looked at the front door wistfully.

"Don't worry, AJ." Eliza said, taking his tiny hand in hers. "Philip will be... fine. I hope."

"He's not in trouble is he?"

Eliza gave out a small laugh. "No, but he will be for running off without my permission." She said, gritting her teeth.

Alexander swallowed hard as his mother gave him a sweet smile. God, she was so bipolar sometimes.

AJ nodded and scrambled up the stairs back to his room. Except he didn't go to his room.

As much as he loved and respected Philip, he needed to know what happened. For Science!!!!

So he sneaked into his okder brother's room. Both fearing for what will come and fearing for what happened.

🍃

A/n: yall gots sistas now!

I mean, you had one but pffft-

Aj is aborable i wanna adopt. But eliza'd kill me so lmao