Numbness, then warmth

((So I have no idea what this is, but I just kinda had the idea of Dingbat having a anxiety attack and Peanut comforting her? Also, they're in college in this if you can't tell))

~

    Dingbat couldn't help it. Buzzing. Buzzing. It was all buzzing.

    The white ceiling did nothing to help the uncontrollable fuzz that couldn't stop pounding.

    Slight movement of her own finally drifted her sight away from the ceiling, letting her push the blankets aside and numbly sit up.

    Her eyes stung. What had she even been crying about? It was numb. Too numb. She couldn't even think properly.

    Heavy sighs. Pounding head. Blinking wet eyes. Aching and fuzz coursing through her veins. Buzzing. Numb.

    She rubbed her eyes, seeing the colors behind them and feeling the touch on her face, wanting, trying to feel real.

    A shift. The corner of her eye, she spotted rustling. In the bed across the dorm room, movement spurred under the fluffy blue comforter. A few fresh tears threatened to fall.

    Long, messy black hair and pale skin appeared from under the blankets. Her eyes blinking back sleep and turning to focus on Dingbat.

    "What.... what are you doing up?" Peanut pushed the blankets aside and sleepily walked over to sit next to Dingbat. "Are... are you alright? Can I give you a hug?"

    The tears now were falling. She vaguely felt her head move, but the feeling was contradicted by the buzz. Numb. Ache. Sigh. Tears. Fuzz-

    Peanut wrapped her arms around her, grounding her. All the thoughts went away at the touch. Letting her feel real.

    Peanut pulled back a little bit, and Dingbat shuddered from the sudden cold.

    "Are you alright Dingbat? What happened?"

    Dingbat sniffed, and pressed a little closer again.

    "I dunno.... it was just... just one of those.. dumb things..."

    Peanut started lightly playing with Dingbat's hair. 

    "It's not dumb. If you're hurting, I want to help. None of your emotions are dumb."

    "...thank you Peanut."

((Words: 292))