To Mourn

A/N: this maybe a little bit of a sad chapter. This will also be a shorter chapter than usual. Enjoy!!

(Y/N P.O.V)

I woke up and got ready for the day. After I headed out I went to a market area, once I got their I started to wonder around trying to find a sword smith. I eventually found a person that had a variety of blades. "Hey kind, you see anything ya like?"

You:"Actually I can't see anything, but I was wondering if you had any lightning daggers?"

He grunted and went to a back room, or at least I think it was a back room judging by the sound of a door opening. After a minute he came back and tossed something at me. I picked up the object and felt the blade, it was shaped to form a lightning bolt, it was a perfect weapon for quick maneuvers and lethal blows. "How much for it?"

Sword smith:"Keep it kid, no one wants to buy that, I was going to through it out anyway.

You:"Thank you."

I put a copper piece on the table, I heard him grunt again but I was already walking away. I wondered around and found a weaver selling baskets. I then found a small one, by the feel of it, that really couldn't be used for much. "How much for this one?"

Weaver:"Well no one really wants it because it's so small, so how about 3 copper pieces?"

I handed her 4 copper pieces and one silver. She looked at me, "I only said 3 copper pieces."

You:"I know."

I the put my dagger in the basket and walked away. I went to a stand selling baked goods next. "Do you have any pastries?"

Baker1:"Yes we do..."

Baker2:"What kind are you..."

Baker1:"Looking for?"

You:"Do you have any berry tarts?"

Baker1:"Yes we do..."

Baker2:"What kind do you..."

Baker1:"Want? We have..."

Baker2:"Red berry..."

Baker1:"Purple berry..."

Baker2:"White berry..."

Baker1:"Honey berry..."

Baker2:"Peach berry..."

You:"Wait, did you say honey berry?"

Baker1:"Yes..."

Baker2:"We did."

You:"I will take 4 of those please."

Baker1:"Most certainly..."

Baker2:"Just a minute now..."

Baker1:"And they will..."

Baker2:"Be ready."

It took them about 5 minutes to get them ready. They both yelled, "Done!"

You:"Thank you, how much will that be?"

Both:"6 copper pieces."

I handed them 6 copper pieces and 2 silver. "Bye and thank you."

Both:"Come again!"

I put the tarts in my basket and kept walking. I then found a florist. "Excuse me but do you have any white dragon flowers?"

Florist:"I do have one, but it's dying I'm afraid."

You:"That's fine, how much for it?"

Florist:"I can't ask for money, it is almost dead, just take it."

I put the pot in the basket and gave her a copper piece. "Thank you ma'am."

I then walked off before she could say anything. I noticed that it was almost sun set. I proceeded to go to a hill that I had found yesterday, there was a tree on top of it too. Once I got to the top I set my basket down and stabbed the dagger into the ground under the tree. I grabbed the flower and placed it next to the dagger. After I placed the plant in the dirt next to the dagger I put the pot upside down and placed a tart on it. "I hope you enjoy this Sean."

I then heard someone sniffling, like they were crying, on the other side of the tree. I looked over and saw Iroh. "Have you come to mourn too Iroh?"

He seemed to be surprised if the sound of him falling over was anything to go bye. "Oh (y/n), *sniff* I didn't expect anyone else to be here, why are you?"

I lost my happy smile and a tier fell. "A little over a hundred years ago I lost my brother, he was my only remaining family for 8 years, he died fighting pirates that had tried to destroy the village at the base of the air temple mountain, he was apart of the village militia."

Iroh:"I lost my son to battle as well, he was a brave soldier that I couldn't *sniff* save"

I grabbed another tart and put it on his little mourning area. "This is something to help them in the other life."

We then started singing as the sun set. We sang in unison with tiers.

"Leaves from the vine"
"Falling so slow"

"Like fragile, tiny shells"
"Drifting in the foam"

"Little soldier boy"
"Come marching home"

"Brave soldier boy"
"Comes marching home"

I thought of how much I missed him. By the end of the song both of us were in complete tiers. I gave Iroh a pat on the shoulder and we both just sat in silence for awhile.

A/N: ok so not really a sad chapter till the end of it, but I hope you enjoyed this chapter and next one will be longer I just had to do this one though. Until the next chapter, Bye!

P.S. just as a disclaimer, I do not own the rights to that song