Lending a hand

A/N: yay one year anniversary of me joining Wattpad. I hope you guys/gals like this chapter sorry for the delay, good news is over the holidays I will make many chapters. Enjoy!

P.S: We must remember the great Stan lee, May he Rest In Peace with other greats, Amen!🤧
(Y/N P.O.V)

I was checking my bag while we moved through a river. Aang was in the water with Momo while the rest of us were on Appa. I then heard Aang jump out of the water. "Hey guy I think this rivers polluted."

Aang then blew the polluted mucky water on us. I felt a gust of wind after that get rid of the water, I assumed it was from Aang. "Well that explains why I can't catch a fish around here, because normally my fishing skills are off the hook...get it? Like a fishing hook!"

I groaned a bit at the horrible joke. "Too bad your skills aren't on the hook."

Me, Katara, Toph, and Aang all laughed at Toph's joke. "Looks like we'll need to go somewhere else to get food, assuming that'll fit into Sokka's master schedule."

Sokka:"Hhhmm, it's doable, but that means only 2 potty breaks today."

Aang:"Hey, maybe we can get food there."

I felt a little village on the water not that far away. We hid Appa behind a cliff and started towards the village. When we got to where the water begins we stopped. "I don't feel anything, where is this village?"

Sokka:"It's in the middle of the river."

???:"Shore is, my names dock, mind if I ask who you are?"

I could feel a man below us on a boat. 'How did I not notice him before'? "We're...um...from the earth kingdom colonies."

Dock:"Wow colonials, ah hope on I'll give ya a ride into town."

We all got on docks boat and started towards the little village. "Why do you guys live on the river?"

Dock:"Because we're a fishing town, at least that's how it was before the factory moved in, army makes their metal there, moved in a few years ago and started gunking up our river, and now our little village is struggling to survive."

We soon arrived at the village and thanked dock for the ride. I may not be able to see but I could sense the depression and sickness of this place. I told the others that I would meet up with them when we headed back to shore. I was walking when I felt someone bump into me. I heard them land on the ground. "Ow."

I could tell it was a little kid. I knelt down to there level. "You ok? You might want to be more careful about your surroundings."

Kid:"Yes I'm fine, sorry mister."

You:"It's fine."

I could feel them hesitate when getting up, like they were in pain. I reached into my bag and pulled out a little vile of ointment. "Here, this should help with your pain little one."

I gave them the vile and left before they could ask too many questions. I made my way back to the others but surprisingly they were still talking to dock but behind a counter this time. "We'll just take the fish, mind telling your brother we need a ride back to shore?"

I didn't get what they were talking about. "Hey colonials, my brother says you need a lift."

You:"What was that about?"

Sokka:"No idea."

I then heard a little boy talking to Katara about food. She gave him a fish. I smiled at her kindness. We made our way back to shore for the night. "Our detour into town today has completely thrown off our schedule, it's gonna take some serious finagling to get us back on track."