Searching and more of the past

A/N: I want to say sorry for not posting, I was on vacation. I also want to thank you all for your support and reading of this story, it is now back up to #1 on avatar. I hope you continue to enjoy this story and here is the next chapter for you guys and gals. Enjoy!

WARNING: chapter maybe considered to have a sad ending, if you do not want to read another sad chapter then skip this one!

(Y/N P.O.V)

I woke up early and went to Cha's house. I walked up to the front door and knocked. After about 10 seconds it opened. "So you finally got here. Come on in."

Cha let me in. We sat down in the living room. "Did you find out anything?"

Cha:"Yes I did, a big white and furry creature was apparently in a storage building two days ago, the last known location anyone I talked to knew about was lake laogai but that is only speculation from a few good sources."

You:"I will take what I can get, so where is this lake laogai?"

Cha:"Are you sure you want to go through with that s? Lake laogai is a place where some people go to and come back 'different'."

You:"I don't care about the risk, I just need to know a location."

Cha:"Ok, but don't say I didn't warn you, it is a few miles from here-"

He proceeded to tell me where I could find this place. After that I got ready to head out. Before I could leave Cha stopped me. "Your not doing this just because Appa and Aang are your friends, your doing it for Rayna too aren't you?"

You:"You know I have to keep my promise to her, I won't go back on my word to her."

He let me go after that. I then headed to lake laogai in search of Appa, or at least a clue to where he is. As I was walking I started to have flashbacks.

(Flashback)

A younger me along with a class of air bending children that were my age were walking with a monk to the cliffs. The monk stopped everyone about 8 yards from the edge. After a moment an adult sky bison and several sky bison cubs flew up from below the cliff. The monk told us that we had to connect with the bison and that the one we connected to would be our friend for life. I still had my eyesight back then, it was about two years before most of my family was killed. I walked forward but got tackled to the ground by one of the bison. I looked at it and it licked my whole face. "I guess we are friends then, hahaha that tickles."

The Bison kept licking me. We then started to head back to the temple. We got to go and see the bison after training and feed them. I had nothing else to do so me and my bison started to play around, I found out from one of the monk that my bison was a female. I even figured out a name she liked, Rayna, after an hour or two of playing we got tired. I fell onto the grass and started to drift off, before I fell asleep Rayna nuzzled up against me and I hugged her. "G'night Rayna."

(Skip forward 1 year)

I walked out to the cliffs and found Rayna playing. She saw means tackled me. I laughed "Hi Rayna, I have a present for you."

She looked at me in excitement and I pull out a metal ball. "I know you have been teething a lot so I thought you could use this."

She grabbed the ball and started to bite down on it. I petted her head as she played.

(Skip forward 1 year)

I had just gotten attack and lost my family, along with my eyesight. After managing to get to the temple steps Rayna flew down and licked me. She seemed concerned. "I am f-fine Rayna."