Chapter 8:

School With The Band

After waiting for everyone to get off and multiple heads hitting the roof of the bus, we were finally making our way into the school

"Get ready to learn," I sigh. "First we head into the library,"

"Book nerd," Michael coughd.

"I'll admit it, but we're going to the library because that's where we sit before the bell rings."

"Oh, okay."

"And my friends should know who you guys are, I may or may not talk about you a lot," I say, cringing a bit.

"They won't scream, will they?" Luke asks, pain filling his face.

"Hopefully not." As soon as we enter the library, everyone looked our way, multiple gasps were heard. I felt someone tug me away from the boys.

"Alexis! Why is 5 fuckin' seconds of summer here!" Catherine whispers, smiling like a mad man.

"Because I've made friends with them and they came to school with me. Also they are all mine, so back off," I joke, (not really).

"Mine!" I mouth to everyone else.

"Alright guys, these are my friends," I introduce the boys to all of my friends.

"That's Catherine, Karen, Samantha, Jayden, Hannah, Gracie, and last but not least Rebecca, oh and Kathylen."

" 'Ello." Calum waves. Just then the bell rings for top locker.

"Okay let's start school," The intercome goes on.

"Hello students and teachers I have an announcement. We have four guest in our school, please don't crowd around them, give them space if you know them and continue on with your daily routine, thank you."

"I bet everyone is confused right now," I state.

"Even I'm confused," Michael laughs. After I collect my stuff for first period, we head to my class, Science. Everyone's favorite.

After fourty minutes of trying to understand what the teacher was saying, the bell rings for second period.

------------------------Skips to lunch---------------------

We were having pizza lunch, not a good kind though, I'll have to break the news to Michael. Now I just have to figure how, he loved pizza and his eyes lit up so much when he read the menu.

"Hey Michael, this pizza here taste like shit." I bluntly state.

"Fuck you Alexis!" He growls.

"On the bright side, we're half way through the day!" I hear.

"True dat," Calum says weirdly. We all collect our food and sit outside instead of inside with all the others.

"Hey I'm going to throw away my tray," I say once I finish.

"I'll go too," Luke gets up to follow me inside. On our way to the trash cans to throw away the leftovers, I over heard a conversation between two of my classmates.

"I thought everyone was supposed to leave them alone."

"They were, so why is that depressed, ugly girl with them."

"I don't know, but if she can hang out with them, we can too. Follow my lead." Luke defiantly heard them too because he walked up to them before they could even fully stand up.

"Don't you two have a life! What gives you the right to speak about my sister like that as if she were below you!?!" He shouts.

"Luke stop, just leave it!" I say grabbing his hand attempting to pull him away. He doesn't budge.

"No, really! I'd like to know!" The girls stood there frozen unable to speak. "And you're not welcome to be with us, if youre gonna act like that!" By then everyone was looking at us. My anxiety kicked in and I ran down the corridor, I guess the other boys heard the commotion because I had pushed through them. I heard Michael shout for me, but I never stopped. I kept going until I made it to the girls bathroom.
From there I broke down. Completely over whelmed by everything.

"Alexis!" Someone runs into the bathroom and pulls me into their warm embrace. I look up slightly to see Calum. "Hey, stop crying, it's okay," He whispered in a hush voice.

"I'm sorry," I sob.

"For what?" He pulls away a little to look at me.

"For crying," I smile.

"That's alright." He brings me back into his chest and lays his chin on the top of my head. 

"Where's Luke?" I sniffle.

"Oh, I feel the love," Calum scoffs, which causes me to giggle a bit. "The boys took him out to talk about what had just happened and to calm him down," we stay in that position for a bit longer before getting up.

"Wanna go home for the rest of the day?" He suggests

"Always, but how?"

"The principle saw what happened and told me I could take you home, so let's go get the boys and head out." I nod my head in agreement. Calum takes my hand and leads me to wherever the boys were. They were nowhere special, just in the art room. I guess that class was eating lunch right now.

"Luke?" I call out. He averted his eyes from Ashton and Michael to me before pushing past them and running to me. He pulls me in for a hug and squeezes the life out of me.

"I'm so sorry! They were just--- and I-I couldn't just stand there and listen to what they were saying."

"I know brother from another mother," I laugh, understanding what he was talking about.

"Oh yeah," he rubs the back of his neck remembering calling me his sister. "I'm sorry if that was too soon."

"Too soon! More like not soon enough! I love you all like my own brothers!" We all group hug before I cut in. "Umm... now this is getting awkward, let's go home, shall we?" We all pull away and head out back of the school.

"How Are we getting there? We took the bus here." I ask.

"Shawn is coming," Michael answers. As soon as Shawn drives up to us and we all get in I say

"You're a saviour shawn!" I see him smile.

"I do my best." After that we all drive away to a, wait this is definitely not my house, (though I wish it was), we pulled up to an arcade.

"Okay then," I kick the boys out and jump out myself. "You guys are paying, right? I'm broke, spent the last of my money to meet you guys."

"Yeah we've got the money, and at least it was money well spent," Ashton replied.

"Yay! Gimme, Imma go gamble." I joke.

My eyes widen as they were about to hand me two hundred dollars. Just as I was about to grab it, Ashton pulls it away.

"We need to go over the rules," he says in a stern voice.

"Mkay." I reply.

"First!" He holds up one finger "one of us need to be with you at all times, your choice." I look at all of them

"I'll pick you, we don't hang out as much as the others," I explain. His eyes light up as a smile covers his face.

"No!! You're leaving me with these two!" Calum whines.

"Your problem, not mine."

"Traitor," Calum mumbles.

"Love ya!"

"Anyways," Ashton continues. "Rule number two, no teaming up!"

"Teaming up?" I tilt my head to the side.

"Yeah, you're on your own, that two hundred is your limit, you can't get anymore from any!!--" he glares at the other three "--- of us," I raise my eyebrow at him. "Okay! Let's go win prizes!"