e

To: jungkook

To: jungkook.jeon97@gmail.com

»»-------------------------««

Dear Jeongguk,

Hi.

How are you? Are you doing well? Are you eating three times a day? Do you still forget to take a bath like you always did before?

Wait, I don't think I should be asking you about these things. I am nothing to you now, anyways. I think. Our relationship had already ended five years ago, but I don't think I'll ever be the same since then.

I'm sorry. I have no idea what I'm saying. I haven't seen you for so long. Those days and months without you felt like a lifetime. It feels so empty without you here, Jeongguk. It's as if there's a missing puzzle piece in my heart, but I couldn't find it because you took it away with you when you left.

I know I won't be complete without you, Jeongguk. 

But I'm not making this letter because I want you back. I just want you to hear me out before I finally let you go.

From,
Kim Taehyung

»»-------------------------««

email received: August 1, 2018
sent by @kim.th1230@gmail.com

•••

Jeongguk was speechless.

Is this real? He thought. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the screen of his laptop. He rubbed once again until it stung and he teared up.

It is real.

Taehyung really did email him. After five years, he finally tried to reach out.

Jeongguk didn't know whether he should be happy or not. Should he?

After all, he missed him.