a

To: jungkook

To: jungkook.jeon97@gmail.com

»»-------------------------««

Dear Jeongguk,

Jungkook oppa!

Ah, how I wish I could call you that. I'm older than you though so I can't. Anyways, I'm doing good today. Thank you for asking. I mean, compared to before, I feel nice right now. Really really nice. For the first time, waking up this morning felt so refreshing. It's probably because I've been talking to you these past few days--if you consider emails as talking, that is. 

I never thought letting out your feelings would make you feel so much better. I mean, I really have no one to talk to, so . . . yeah. Anyways, you better prepare because I've only told an eighth of my thoughts.

So, here I go.

Remember the first time we kissed? It was so--okay, maybe let's not start with that one. Let's go all the way back, shall we?

Can you still recall the first time we met? It was pouring down so hard that night. I think there was a thunderstorm. I don't know. All I can remember was I ran away from home and coincidently, you did too.

The only difference was I brought an umbrella.

You didn't.

I offered you my umbrella, but you didn't take it because apparently one, you wanted to get sick, and two, you wanted your parents to feel guilty.

However, I am an extremely stubborn person.

And so that night, 

underneath the driving rain, 

below my soaked umbrella, 

we stayed.

From,
Kim Taehyung

»»-------------------------««

email received: August 3, 2018
sent by @kim.th1230@gmail.com

•••

Jeongguk blinked.

He didn't know why, but for some reason, he felt like crying.

It was all coming back. The memories. The laughter. The warmth of his touch

Jeongguk let out a deep breath. He couldn't be bothered by this. Not now. He needed to focus on his dreams. His climb wasn't finished. He wanted more. He craved more.

But he also craved Taehyung.

Jeongguk knew what he wanted in his life before Taehyung came. He had dreams waiting to happen and Taehyung became his anchor, the source of his power. But dreams were also a powerful thing. And when the time to choose between the two finally came, he wasn't able to keep both. 

In fact, it made him leave the person he loved the most.