outro: intro

A special chapter Taehyung's point of view

• • •

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

Taehyung listened to the endless ticking of the clock while his body lay on the soft mattress of his ward bed as he stared at the white ceiling above.

Bored and exhausted, Taehyung rolled to his side carefully. His tired eyes spotted the calendar on his bedtable. His eyes roamed to the creases on the glossy pages. He soon picked it up.

August 1, 2014.

Eleven more days until that designated day.

Eleven more days and everything will finally come to an end.

Eleven more days and he will finally cease to exist.

Just eleven more, and he wished he could see Jeongguk in at least one of those days.

Impossible, Taehyung thought. But it wasn't the idea of Jeongguk visiting him that was impossible. It was the thought that he couldn't bring Jeongguk to see him for one last time before he finally close his eyes forever.

Taehyung had to be selfless. If there's one last thing he could do for someone when the time comes, it would be for Jeongguk only. And this would be it.

Taehyung snickered. Selfless? Him? Who was he trying to fool? He was the most selfish person he had ever known in his whole twenty years of existence.

He was selfish.

That's why that night, his hands found their way to the keyboard and began typing endless words, the ones that he would leave behind before disappearing from this world.

Dear Jeongguk. . .

»»-------------------------««

explanation in the next chapter. tysm for reading!