Twelve

^^^ We get a comeback, an awesome album, many teasers, lots of variety shows coming up, a Stray Kids Summer Vacation Week and fandom name too. JYPE is really feeding us. Just a shame all of it had to happen around the time I'm going back to school. I still have like fifteen days though and I'm going to make the most of it with Stray Kids content, my bed and endless packets of crisps because why not? ^^^

"They're going to find their way inside at some point," Yeji sighed as she glanced out at the crowds of angry people pushing against the palace gates, trying to get their hands on the royal family. "And by the looks of it, it'll be soon."

"Look, there's no reason to worry. Hyunjin, Eunbyul, Suzy and Seungmin are out there and looking for a way to free us up. They'll return soon," Hana told her but it was clear she was doubting the chances of that happening as well.

"It's been five days, Hana, and still nothing has changed. If anything, that crowd is multiplying and if you haven't noticed, all of our servants and guards are slowly starting to rebel against us. Even if they do return, how could they ever turn this around," Yongbok huffed, pulling his legs to his chest and hugging them. "May as well give up on an escape at this point..."

"Maybe they can't help us but at least we can help ourselves. There must be a place we can escape to. I guarantee it," Hana pointed out.

"Ever heard of the term 'you can run but you can't hide'?" Changbin asked. "The whole kingdom has turned their backs on us. We can't hide from them forever."

"And we don't need to hide from them forever. Just until Hyunjin, Eunbyul, Suzy and Seungmin return. Then everything will be fine. They'll fix all this-" Hana tried being optimistic once again but they weren't having it.

"Don't you get it? They ran away! They aren't coming back!" Changbin snapped at her, feeling angry at himself for falling for the trick.

Hana sighed as she glanced down at the desk she sat at. She wanted to stay positive and believe they could fix it but she had to admit Changbin and Yongbok had a point. The chances of escaping were decreasing by the second and there was no way of being sure they'd ever return. Not mention the fact that the village was so screwed at that point that no one would dare listen to anyone else. Without her noticing, a tear rolled down her cheek as she shook her head, trying not to give in to the bitter reality.

"They wouldn't," she whispered, seeming too vulnerable and she broke into a silent sob. "He wouldn't."

Seungmin's parents had both died by the time he was three so being the caring older siblings they were, Woojin and Hana tried to treat him like they were his parents so he didn't miss them too much. And so Hana never thought of him as her younger brother. To her, he was her own son. And she wanted to refuse that he would just betray her like that but as time passed the possibilities of it being that way just grew.

Woojin wrapped his arm around his sister and brought her into a tight hug despite also feeling the sharp pain in his chest at the thought of their younger brother's betrayal.

"I'm really sorry to say this but... I think Changbin's right. I mean, Hyunjin did it once what are the chances he wouldn't do it again?" Yeji pointed out. "But let's not depress ourselves over that. We need to work out a way to escape this palace...and save the other princes and princesses while we're at it."

"She's right," Yongbok agreed. "We need to get out of this place. And preferably tonight. Who knows how long those gates will be closed for?"

***

Hours had passed and yet Alex still found herself glancing up at the navy blue sky. She told herself it was simple star gazing and that she wanted to see if she could possibly spot other planets. But the stars were just a blur to her. She barely paid any attention to it since she couldn't stop thinking about what Suzy had said.

Seeing her and Hyunjin act so close that day worried her to say the least because she was convinced he actually loved Suzy and now Alex didn't even know what to think. She felt heartbroken and all she wanted right then was to be watching sad romance movies while eating ice cream and ranting about her problems with Mark.

But Mark was on Earth and she was in Wonderland.

"Psst,"  she heard a voice from her side but decided to ignore it, knowing who it came from. "Psst, Alex.  Can you hear me?" Suzy tried again but to no avail. "I know you are awake Williams-"

"Just leave me alone, would you?" Alex grumbled as she turned her back to the Fourth Princess.

"Look, I'm sorry I had to break that news to you. I really am. Trust me, I tried to get him off me today."

"Oh please don't even act innocent! I know you did that on purpose!"

"I was just warning you last night. Don't get all angry with me. Please, Alex, hear me out."

"No! Never again. If you wanted Hyunjin so badly then why didn't you just tell me that instead of lying and telling me everything I ever thought he felt with me was false!" Alex sobbed helplessly.

"I don't like him, Alex. I swear I would never lie to you like that," Suzy told her but Alex didn't dare respond, earning a sigh from the Fourth Princess. "You know what? Let's go on a walk to clear our heads, you know? So I can explain everything to you." 

But before Alex could reject the offer, Suzy yanked her to her feet and dragged her in a random direction.

***

"Look, I'm so sorry about today. Must have been terrible for you," Suzy uttered as she led the other girl into a forest a while away from the rest of the royal family.

Alex couldn't help but roll her eyes.

"Don't even act like you care! You couldn't even detach yourself from him," the girl spat out.

"I swear, it wasn't what it seemed."

"Yeah right. Save it, Suzy. I don't want to listen to your petty excuses or your stupid lies!"

"I'm trying to be nice over here it would help if you at least returned the favour!"

"I was nice, Suzy. I was nice and you took that for granted next thing I know you're clinging on to Hyunjin and trying to make me jealous. I don't know what you consider as nice but is certainly not it!"

Suzy sighed as she ran her hand through her hair.

"Fine then. If you don't want me to be nice then won't. I admit I don't like Hyunjin but he definitely did like me. Whether he still does or not still remains a mystery but one thing I know is that he will never ever fall for an ugly, worthless peasant like you. Now I see why you tried to commit suicide so many times. You're just a burden to everyone around you and I bet you were the one who brought the whole royal family into this mess. I was planning on killing you a while back but then realised that would only make Hyunjin hate me and being the attention-queen I am, I would definitely not like that. So I'll just let the Spirits do it for me."

Alex furrowed her eyebrows.

"Spirits?"

"Welcome to the Naymoor Woods, Alex. Good luck getting out." And with that Suzy disappeared into the shadows, leaving Alex behind, angry and confused.

Sorry for the wait. I've just been really uninspired recently so I took a break from Wattpad altogether but now I'm feeling a lot better and creative so that's why I'm back on it. I've updated all of my currently ongoing stories so if you read those too you'll probably read the same thing and if not please read them. But anyway, this was copied from my book called Artificial Intelligence so if you read it once you don't have to read it again:

My school is starting on the 20th of August so after that I probably won't be able to write that often. I'm planning on finishing Artificial Intelligence before then though because there are only a few chapters left so yeah. Barista and Kryptonite will continue and after I finish Kryptonite I'll start with the last book in the Wonderland trilogy. After Barista is completed I might write a new book which will be a bit like Taurus or Day5 depending on how the voting goes. I'm also looking into updating Hunted at some point.

Thank you for over 400 followers. I really appreciate it. You guys are honestly the best <3

~SpicyThaiChicken