Eighteen

^^^ I would write a whole paragraph about this but I'm in such a hurry so all I have to say for now is this song is good stuff and you shoul bless your ears by listening to it if you haven't already. Alright, bye now^^^

"Wait, what? You cursed him?" Alex asked, staring at Jinyoung with wide eyes.

"In my defence," he raised his hands up. "He was snooping around in my house and we witches don't take such lightly."

"You were snooping in his house?" She asked Hyunjin now.

"I was a tired, hungry and lost thirteen-year-old who was mourning over his father. Cut me some slack."

"And I was a young witch who could barely use a wand properly."

"Yet your wand skills were good enough to curse me for eternity?"

Jinyoung sighed as he ran a hand through his thick, black strands.

"That, I admit was my fault but what were you doing sneaking into a stranger's house? Ever heard of knocking? It's basic manners."

"I'm sorry to break up the moment but are you forgetting we still have a royal family to save?" Eunbyul butted in, before glancing at Jinyoung and shooting him her sweetest and most genuine smile. "It was so nice to meet you, and thank you for saving our friend over there but we really must go. Once we return to the palace, we'll be sure to reward you with whatever seems reasonable."

The witch only chuckled.

"I don't need a reward. I have everything I would ever want at the snap of my fingers. And are you sure you want to return to the palace? I've heard there's some sort of trouble around the area."

"Yeah, that was kinda our doing and we really need to fix it," Seungmin revealed, rubbing his nape awkwardly.

"Then surely you don't want to be walking there without protection. I'll come. Just to make sure you're safe then I'll come back here, deal?"

Eunbyul eyed the witch suspiciously.

"That's it, what do you want from us?" she chuckled. "Just say if there really is anything."

"I just," he glanced at Alex. "I want her to stay safe." 

Alex would have missed Hyunjin's glare if it wasn't for Jinyoung's change of behaviour.

"I mean just because she has a limited amount of days and the portals open and it's just very risky, you know?" he panicked a bit.

"Limited amount of days?" Seungmin questioned, his eyebrows furrowing as he shifted his gaze to Alex.

"I have a week left here. After that week, I have to return to Earth," she explained.

"Wait, what? No, don't leave. I thought you liked it here," Eunbyul turned on her, searching her eyes for an answer.

Alex chuckled.

"I do like it here, much more than Earth, to be honest. But Earth is where I belong. Hyunjin and I have already messed with fate too much. I shouldn't have even come here. To be frank, I should be dead right now. I need to go back."

"You can't! Tell her, Hyunjin," the First Princess argued.

All he could do was shrug.

"I tried to find another option, I swear. But this was the only thing I could come up to. Technically, she was supposed to leave when Suzy came but I had a potion that extended her time."

Eunbyul sighed before turning to Alex.

"What would happen if I tied you to a chair? You wouldn't be able to leave then, would you?"

"I don't think it works like that," Jinyoung laughed.

"I don't care I'm doing it anyway. You cannot leave us. Not just yet."

***

No one really knew what to do or what to say. They just continued walking on, not even knowing if they were going in the right direction.

Woojin led them all, taking quiet footsteps as he fixated his gaze on the ground beneath him. Hana walked by his side, watching him closely and feeling awful for him.

 Ever since they were little, Woojin and Chan were practically inseparable.  Needless to say, the two were very close. 

Hana watched as her brother tried to clear his mind and think of anything but the boy they left behind. The task seemed harder than he had thought though, and it wasn't long until he had to blink frequently to get the thought of losing his friend out of his hand. The Second Princess placed her hand on her brother's back and began to rub it in circles slowly in an attempt to soothe him but it had only made matters worse.

"Guys!" Felix's voice rung in their eyes before they all turned their gaze to him. But he wasn't looking back at them. Instead, he was facing the other way, pointing to the clouds of dark smoke and dust coming from the east.

Woojin's face fell along with a few tears as he whispered out the only thing that came to mind at the time: "The palace."