10 | Not Just a Broken Heart

Horrified, disgusted, enraged and heartbroken, you looked up into the masked eyes of the man who had killed your soulmate.

Anger and malice erupted inside the pit of your stomach and you suddenly could not feel your bleeding leg anymore.

The rage of what the man standing before you had taken from you took control of your actions. You saw your arm move as in slow motion to take hold of Hellhound's collar. Time sped up and you felt yourself yank the neck of his suit down and his head hit the concrete floor.

An inhuman growl emanated from your captor's mask and he slowly stood again. "You will sorely regret that." He said, mirroring your standing position.

Without warning, without thought of your own safety, you lunged at him. You caught his arm and began to aim punches at every place you could reach of him. Of course, it did nothing, his suit was thick and armored.

He laughed and threw you to the ground. "You're annoying. I would just kill you and be done with it, but I'm a little bit intrigued. I'm curious to see..." Hellhound reached up and undid his mask and helmet. His newly revealed face was lit with red light from the lamps behind you; he looked truly evil as his features were alighted with the menacing glow of light. "Curious to see if you have... other ways to show your aggression and energy..."

His seductive smile told you more than you needed to know. He disgusted you.

"Get away from me," You tried to bark, but it came out as more of a plea.

Hellhound smirked. "Come here..."

You shook your head and stepped back, reaching for the edge of the cage. "Don't come any closer." You said, a little louder and clearer than before.

"Oh yeah?" Hellhound said. "What will you do if I do?"

Your back hit the bars of the cage and you thrust your hand through them, grasping desperately for anything that might help.

Hellhound came closer and you were forced to sink low to the ground to avoid his face.

As gloved hands gripped your waist you felt a touch of something at your fingertips.

The invisible barriers must have been cut off when Hellhound had thrown the knife. Your hand closed around a heavy piece of machinery behind you.

"Will you kill me like I killed your little friend?" Hellhound whispered in your ear.

Then, that same rage exploding again inside you, your arm jerked forward and the pipe you had grasped found its way through the bars and was flying through the air.

Hellhound's face was too close to yours for you to have seen his reaction, but you felt his breath of surprise as you took aim and hit him over his exposed head with all of your strength.

Slowly, eyes wide and lifeless, Hellhound hit the floor, blood leaking down his neck through his hair.

You shuddered and could feel tears on your cheeks as you realized what you had just done. You had probably killed him.

You dropped the still vibrating weapon and backed up in shock.

For a minute that seemed like an eternity, you gazed into the wound you had given your opponent.