12 | With You (Epilogue)

Happiness never found you, you had to chase after it.

But you tackled it, you scored, you decided that you would have it, and so you did.

"Hey honey," Peter closed the apartment door behind him and your four-year-old daughter began to laugh.

"Daddy! Daddy! Look what I made!" She handed him a paper with colorful crayon markings covering the surface.

"That's amazing sweetie," Peter picked her up and threw you a delighted smile.

You grinned back and turned to continue feeding your two-year-old son, who was in the middle of eating dinner.

"I drew it just for you!" Your daughter squealed.

You heard your husband laugh and you couldn't help but smile.

Your son, on the other hand, was not in the mood to be happy. He screamed and grabbed the bowl of food you were feeding him, threw it into the air, and leapt from his chair to crawl under the table.

"Oh dear," you grabbed a napkin to wipe your food-covered face with. Peter held out a towel and you gladly took it.

You brought the cloth up to your eyes and wiped, while a pair of hands pulled at your waist. Lowering the towel, you saw the twinkle in Peter's eyes as he leaned in to kiss you quickly.

"I got the promotion," he said.

Your face lit up. "Really?"

Before Peter could elaborate however, your daughter tugged at your hand. "Momma? Can baby do that?" She pointed up.

Both you and Peter glanced towards the ceiling and you covered your mouth in shock.

Your son was crawling on the roof, upside down, and smiling.

You glanced back at your husband, who looked happier than you had ever seen him.

"Wow... it's..."

"Biological..." Peter finished your sentence.

You shook your head with a grin. "Nothing in our life is ever going to be normal, is it?"

"Nope," Peter aimed a web at his son and pulled up down from the ceiling.

But you were glad. It kept things different, kept things happy.

And you were fine with that.