83.

ALEX POV

I know sending Zoli away wasn't the best thing but it had to be done so this whole process can go smoothly. It kills me I can't be there with her to make sure she's okay. But she's been sending me pictures here and there.

Waiting for Michelle to come into my office so we can sort this out without the courts. Seeing chad walk into my office I stood up "why are you here?".

"Relax, I come in peace. Well sort of. You were right when you said I should've respected your relationship. I'm sorry I doubted your wife" he said.

Raising my brow "all of a sudden... what's the catch?".

"None, it just hit me that I was acting childish and I wanted to make amends" he said. Just then Michelle walked in wearing a fur coat and sunglasses.

"Well, well

"Well, well. Well look what the cat dragged in" chad said with a huge smile. Michelle put her hand up and walked past him "why is he here?".

"Don't act like I'm not here. You can ask me anything, baby" chad said.

"How about you make me sick. So leave Alex and I have business to speak of" Michelle said. I stood there watching these two adults go back and forth like children. "Are you both done?" I asked. They both looked at me "he started it" Michelle said quickly.

"Chad can you excuse us?" I asked. He nodded and walked out the office but not before winking at Michelle. She mean mugged him and turned back to me.

"So... what do you want?" She asked.

"I wanted to talk to you about this lawsuit" I said.

She smiled "you mean talk me out of it to protect your wife who hit me?".

"She says she didn't hit you. All she did was grab your hair" I said.

Michelle rolled her eyes "poor thing has you wrapped her finger. You see I have shades on for a reason because I have a black eye!" She took off the sunglasses and there was a black eye. Shaking my head because now this is going to get ugly fast.

"Curious... aren't you from Detroit and you have brothers? So you mean to tell me you didn't defend yourself while she was apparently attacking you?" I asked.

"What does where I'm from have to do with anything? That whole comment sounded racist"'she said.

"Far from being racist. I'm just asking a simple question. Plus, I saw what you did to chad. So I'm a little surprised you didn't defend yourself". She put back on her shades and looked pissed. "What?".

"Nothing, let me help you with this waste of a conversation. I'm not dropping the lawsuit and there's nothing you can do to make me. That little bitch of a wife you have laid her hands on me and now you both have to pay the price"

"Funny you say both when it's going to hurt me more than her" I said.

"Well it's not my fault your wife doesn't have money of her own or I would be going after her personally" she said.

"Michelle listen this all can be fixed. Is there anything you need or want?" I asked.

She smirked "actually how about we meet up later on. Many of the guys are going to this bar and you should come and let loose. I don't think Zoli would mind".

Last thing I wanted to do. "Anything else maybe?".

"Nope" she said.

I sighed "fine, what time?".

"Around 10?" She said.

I nodded "I'll be there. But if I go this lawsuit gets dropped. Deal?"

She nodded "deal".

//

ZOLI POV

Jade and I was in the resort pool. Since it was somewhat hot here I figured why not. Not sure how she would react to the water I placed her down slowly into it. She smiled at me. Didn't want Alex to miss this moment so I asked the staff to take a picture.

 Didn't want Alex to miss this moment so I asked the staff to take a picture

Being here for only a couple of days I missed Alex being here with us. Even at night he usually helps me sleep. It's been a lot of sleepless nights here. Hopefully we don't have to be here too much longer and everything gets settled.

Jade and I stayed in the water for an hour before she started getting fussy. Grabbing her and walking out. I placed her into a towel and wrapped her up. "Excuse me.." turning around I see this tall tanned olive complexioned man. "Me?" He nodded "yes you. I couldn't help but watch you and your daughter bonding together in the water. It was beautiful".

"Umm... thank you?" I said feeling a little weird.

"It's sad that her father isn't here with you enjoying this time with her" he said.

"My husband, her father is busy with business. But trust me when I say I can easily FaceTime him" pulling out my phone and trying to FaceTime Alex.

 But trust me when I say I can easily FaceTime him" pulling out my phone and trying to FaceTime Alex

"This better be good" Alex said looking upset.

"Well this lovely man here felt bad for Jade because you aren't here with us" I said showing the man Alex.

"Hey you!" Alex yelled.

"Me?" The man said.

"Yeah you, what do you want with my wife?" He asked.

"I-I was just telling her it was nice seeing mother and daughter bonding" the man said.

"Is that all? So you sit there and watch parents with their children. Sounds like a weirdo to me" Alex said.

"You know what I'll just leave you both" the man said walking away quickly.

"Zoli why were you entertaining him?" He asked.

"I wasn't... cause if I was I wouldn't have called you" I said.

"Remember stay out of trouble. And stop being so friendly to people. Just don't talk to anyone" he said.

"Impossible. I have to talk to the resort workers" I said.

"No you don't" he said.

"Goodbye alex..." I ended the FaceTime. This man has completely lost his mind.