Some Answers... - part 4

Austin's PoV 

I woke up in a tube. I panicked at first, then remembered what was going on. It's been two weeks since the incident in the auditorium. I still don't understand what had happened, but the school seemed to be trying to cover it up, and it was working. I haven't 't seen Tori, Lexi, or the mysterious boy. 

That morning....

Matt woke me up early one morning with a knock on my door. I hoped it was just an accident, I was tired. But he seemed really exited about something so I didn't question it. I reached for my backpack but he grabbed my arm and pulled me out the door.

"You aren't going to need that today. Now come on!" He practically dragged me away seconds after I locked my door. He led me into the library, then towards the Dean's office. I stopped. 

"Am I in trouble or something?" Matt paused and looked at me. Then he laughed.

"HA! No, you're not in trouble. Much the opposite actually. But don't worry, it'll all make sense soon. Well... mostly everything..." He paused, then smiled and knocked on the door of the office. 

"Come in!" A voice answered. It was the same voice from the auditorium. I walked in. Matt didn't follow.

The dean sat at his desk, smiling when I closed the door.

"Hello! You must be Austin! As you know, I'm your dean, but you can call me Professor Petra. Now I'm going to need you to trust me, even though this is going to sound crazy. But there is-" He was interrupted by someone slamming the office door open. Turning, I saw that it was Slade. He seemed to be in a panic.

"Professor! O-oh. Austin. Well...why must the author make all of these awkward situations?" he asked. A young girls voice echoed in everyone's head. 

"SHUT UP SLADE! IT'S NOT MY FAULT I HAVE NO ORIGIONAL IDEAS TO PUT IN EXCEPT EVERYTHING THAT HAS TO WAIT 'TILL LATER! NOW RE-READ THE SCRIPT, MEMORIZE YOUR LINES, AND DON'T BREAK THE WALLS ANY MORE. I AM OUT OF MONEY TO PAY TO GET MY FOURTH WALL FIXED! Okay. Now let's continue." The girl's voice disappeared, and Slade sighed and went back to the script.

~ Reverse time a few minutes back ~

Someone slammed the office door open. Turning, I saw that it was Slade. He seemed to be in a panic. 

"Professor! We need you in the lab. Like, right now." The professor looked at the teacher, confused.

"My goodness, Slade! What's wrong?" Slade tried to answer between breaths.

"R- I mean.... the boy woke up. He's scared. He wants to talk to you." Again, I noticed that Slade caught himself before saying the boy's name in front of me. Professor Petra looked at me, then Slade. He abruptly pushed his chair back and stood up.

"Slade, take Austin here to the lab. Explain to him... well... you know... Get him ready, and I will hopefully be with you soon." He rushed out of the office. Slade turned to me.

- Time skip 'cause I don't want to make Slade explain. (I'll summarize it.) -

I stared at the teacher in front of me in shock, my jaw hanging open and eyes wide. "W-what? How? Powers? What?" Slade chuckled, but it didn't seem like he was concentrated. 

"Yeah, it'll take a while to sink in. Oh good, Professor." He said. Seconds later Petra walked in. I turned back at Slade. 

"How did you know?" He grinned and pulled up one of his sleeves, revealing a purple symbol just above his wrist. It glowed faintly. 

"Psychic magic. There's your proof." I felt light headed. Professor Petra walked up to us. 

"Are you ready? I'm on a tight schedule, so let's get started..."