Part I: Revenge of the Sith

Prologue

Luna was sitting on the steps of the Jedi Temple, looking out towards the Senate Building, praying that Anakin could, and would, do what was right.

She couldn't help but think in the back of her mind of the balance that had been established in the original timeline. What if that was what the Force wanted? That balance.

What if it wanted it bad enough that the original timeline would still happen?

Luna shook her head. She had to believe that wouldn't be the case. Luna opened her mind to the Force, feeling the ripples within it as the sun continued it's track at the edge of the horizon.

As the sun finally dipped all the way under the horizon and the last flecks of gold streamed to the Temple, there was a substantial rip that rippled through the Force. Had Luna been Force sensitive, it would have felt to her that half the Force had just broken apart and fallen into the darkness.

As it was, Luna could still sense the darkside rise up in triumph and gasped at the impact. Tears glistened in her eyes as she looked towards the Senate Building.

"Anakin!" she had called, catching him on his way out of the Temple. He barely check his stride enough for her to keep up with him. His face was hard, and his emotions were blocked from her. "Where are you going?"

"The Senate Building." Anakin's reply was short and to the point

"Be careful, please," Luna had begged, forcing him to stop and look at her before he jumped into his speeder.

"Don't worry," he had replied gruffly, not paying much mind to her words until he glanced into her eyes. "I'll be fine." His voice was softer and more reassuring now.

"I'll wait for you.... Don't.... Don't forget your promise to me," she had said, hugging him. Luna hated to be selfish, but she had to. She was scared, terrified, and for all she knew, Anakin might not be coming back.

"I won't. Palpatine won't touch you."

Luna had heard the undercurrent of anger, but there was still protectiveness.

She knew he would keep his promise.

Now, there were only two possibilities for why the Force had just sent out that powerful of a ripple. Either Anakin had been killed, or he had turned.

Either way, the galaxy had just become a much darker place.

Part of Luna, a darker part of herself that dealt with everything emotionlessly, did actually hope that he had died, for a moment, but the rest of her hope he had lived.

If he died, then Darth Vader would never come to be, but then someone worse may.

Besides, Vader could be turned back to the light. Luna wanted him to live.

Luna's comm blinked to life.

"Yes?" she asked.

"There has been a disturbance," the voice of Shaak Ti came thought.

"I sensed it. Please tell the gatekeeper to not open the door for anyone besides myself and send out the warning signal," Luna said, her heart heavy.

"And what about you?"

"I will stay out here. There is still the possibility I can stop this, and I have to try. Get everyone else to safety and don't wait up. Please."

"Are you sure that we must take these measures."

"Immediately. Please trust me."

Shaak Ti turned off her end of the comm. Luna did the same, returning her gaze to the Senate Building as the world turned dark around her.