Part IV: A New Hope

Chapter I

Luna opened her eyes to an alarm blaring on the nightstand next to her bed. She laid in bed for a moment longer before getting up.

Vader had probably set the alarm so she'd be awake to assist him with the corvette. That meant not only would Luna have to quickly get cleaned up, change into new clothes, and redo her hair, but she would also have to put on her armor. While Luna had quite literally no qualms about herself charging into a battlefield without armor, her Master did. He didn't like her taking unnecessary risks, so when they were planning to go anywhere resistance was likely, Luna had to have her armor on. It wasn't much, just a few plates to protect her torso, arms, and legs. It looked somewhat similar to Death Trooper armor, but less bulky and with different modifications.

It was also far better protection than the standard armor issued to the Stormtrooper Corps—according to Vader. Luna had yet to test it being she rarely ever needed her armor, and she hadn't had the set she used now long enough to see how well it worked.

While Luna got ready, she thought over what had happened before she had gone to sleep. She had betrayed the Empire, admitted it, and had basically gotten off with no punishment.

Luna decided fairly quickly that she would stop thinking about it. Vader had decided her actions weren't bad enough to call for punishment. She had done nothing that, as far as either of them could tell, had actually hurt the Empire. It would be better to just move on, and never look back at it again. The sooner she did that, the sooner everything would be back to normal.

And with that thought, Luna locked the Battle of Scarif behind a mental wall where she kept other memories that she never thought about.

Chapter II

Luna walked onto the bridge. Lightspeed was still streaming by the main viewports while officers continued to work at their stations. Vader was standing at his usual spot in front of the biggest viewport, tenser than usual, probably due to what was at stake. She was relatively surprised to note that he wasn't in a worse mood, most of the time anything to do with the Death Star irritated him. Considering the trouble they were now being forced to go through for the plans of the battle station, it was somewhat odd that he wasn't seething in anger. Luna walked up to stand beside him and stare out at the streaking blue.

"We have track the corvette to the Tatoo system. We will be emerging from hyperspace shortly," Vader informed her once she had taken her place by his side.

"I will prepare a boarding party," Luna said.

"That is unnecessary, I already have." Luna partly glared at him for a moment, already knowing the reasoning behind such action. Vader had apparently let her sleep longer than she should have otherwise. It didn't last long. it was hard to be annoyed when she had enjoyed the extra few minutes.

A moment later, there was a small lurch as the star destroyer emerged from hyperspace. Luna took in the system that, while she knew about, she had never been to in person before. There were two suns, Tatoo I and Tatoo II; one desert planet, Tatooine; and the corvette they had just chased halfway across the galaxy.

The Devastator opened fire on the already damaged ship. At the pace the corvette was going, there was no way it would make it to Tatooine in time. As far from the planet it was, the ship must have dropped out of hyperspace early for the Devastator to have managed to catch up so quickly.

It was a lucky break, but it didn't feel like one to Luna. She forcefully squashed down the part of her that wanted the corvette to go free.

As predicted, it didn't take long for the Devastator to use its tractor beam and pull the rebel ship into a docking bay. By the time Luna and Vader had left the bridge and arrived on the captured ship, most of the fighting had moved to the lower levels. Smoke was slowly clearing from the hall and bodies of Rebels and stormtroopers alike lay strewn about. The sounds of fighting and blaster fire echoed from further within the depths of the ship.