Part VIII

Chapter I

"....I continue?" a voice said. Luna frowned, wondering what she'd missed while waiting to ensure that everyone was in the lounge area and would be staying there before she turned on the listening device she'd planted there earlier. The ship had been in lightspeed for a few minutes now, and it seemed as though the freighter was well on its way to wherever the Rebel rendezvous was.

"Nope, I'm good," Solo's shocked sounding voice replied.

"Good. Now, while not all things can be explained now, a good many do before we can move on with anything," the first voice stated. It was feminine and somehow sounded familiar.

"Hold on, they are from the past?" Skywalker's voice asked. Luna blinked in shock. What? Had she heard him correctly?

"That would be correct. Twenty-two years I believe," came another voice—this one male. It also seemed familiar, but Luna couldn't even guess where she'd heard it before.

"So you're Obi-Wan Kenobi," Skywalker said, sounding shocked and happy. The Sith apprentice gasped, unable to believe what she'd just heard.

"Yes," came the cautious voice—Obi-Wan Kenobi's voice—sounding as though he was unsure of whether or not being identified was a good thing.

Luna felt her heart speed up. This wasn't possible. It couldn't be possible. Vader had killed Kenobi. She'd seen it with her own eyes. The Sith apprentice could remember that day on the Death Star as if it was yesterday. The insane unexplainable want to help the Jedi, save him from her Master some way, but knowing she could do and would do nothing because she would never betray Vader. She remembered her Master striking down the old Jedi and the look of utter betrayal that had been on his face the moment he'd caught sight of her. How Kenobi's body had disappeared a moment before Vader's blood red saber had struck him down, leaving an empty brown cloak to flutter to the durasteel floor.

And Solo, Skywalker, and Organa had all seen it as well. They had been there, just like her. How could they believe this?

With trembling fingers, Luna pressed on the button that would give her a holo of the room. Blue figures appeared around her, suspended in the compartment and lighting up the darkness. The Sith apprentice blinked at the new light as her eyes adjusted. Leia was by Luke who was laying in the medcenter part of the ship.

"Kenobi? Like the crazy old man?" Solo asked, from where he was sitting across from a hooded figure—the injured girl no doubt. Kenobi—it was Kenobi, a younger version of him no doubt, but it was him—was standing just to the side with two other people. One, a man dressed in Jedi garb, and the other, a woman.

"They're the same person, Han," Skywalker replied flatly. Lando and Chewie were standing in the doorway by him while the droids were off to the side and on the floor, the blue and white R2 unit diligently repairing the golden protocol droid.

"Ah, so what's next? You're going to tell me that the other guy is your famous Jedi father?"

The shadowed figure across from Han snorted at the question, seemingly have enjoyed the suggestion as if she knew something no one else did. Luna turned her gaze to the previously mentioned holo of the man, doing her best to study him. She began to turn the holo to try and get a better look at his face. The Sith apprentice felt like she knew his figure from somewhere.

"Moving on. Assuming we believe that you're Obi-Wan Kenobi and the three of you are from the past, who are you two?" Organa asked skeptically, gesturing to the Jedi and the woman next to him.

"I am Padmé Amidala," came the woman's response. It too was a familiar voice, but not the same female one from earlier. Luna recognized the name immediately: It was in Amidala's apartment that she had found that bag of books her Master had taken from her. The Senator who was supposed to have died twenty-two years ago, her body laid to rest in Theed. Luna had seen the mausoleum herself. The grave. She'd been pulled towards it during one of her visits planetside and explored, it was the only reason she knew about its existence.