CH 49

Dave threw Liz against the back of the closet door and she pulled him roughly to her by the lapels of his suit jacket before clawing at his belt.

"Ow! Liz! I told you I only had the one suit!" he feigned injury, but Liz only giggled and pulled his belt loose.

He leaned down to kiss her, softly dragging his knuckles from the base of her neck and down her body until she gasped against his lips. Her hips bucked off of the door as his pressed his rough fingers inside of her, curling them just enough to make her smile and bite her lip.

They heard the bedroom doorknob shake and Liz jolted forward, startling Dave. She flipped the lock on the closet door he held her against and whined as he kissed her neck. "I thought you said you only needed a few seconds," she whispered.

"You don't need to give me a black eye over it," he whispered back.

"I'd rather you have a black eye than someone walk in on us fooling around like teenagers." They both heard Mark's muffled voice calling from the sitting room to ask if she was close to being ready.

"Yeah, Liz," Dave teased, pulling back a little to see her face, "You almost finished?"

She wrapped her leg around his hip as he moved faster, "Quit making me laugh!"

Mark called again, this time more urgent.

"Yeah, hang on!" she yelled back in frustration. "Dave-," she groaned and pushed a little on his shoulders, but he only held onto her tighter, kissing her in an effort to stop her protests. He only let her come up for air when she tensed against him and her leg around his hip began to tremble, her nails dug into his back through his shirt and her lips parted. He watched her face as her breathing became erratic and she shut her eyes tightly, throwing her head against the door with a dull thud. When she sighed and bit her lip with a dreamy smile, he realized he was in for an incredibly uncomfortable night.

"Fuck," he groaned and stepped back from her.

"What-," Liz's eyes flew open at the feeling of her sudden bare skin.

"I can't-," he muttered, pressing her back against the door with a hand on her shoulder while finally freeing himself from his boxers and roughly tossing her thigh back around his hips.

"You can't wh-?" Liz gasped sharply when he rolled his hips into hers and turned to lean her head into his hand. "Oh... oh god."

He almost laughed at their inability to finish a simple sentence, but instead ran his thumb across her bottom lip and leaned down to kiss her again. Her body almost immediately returned to the tense tremble that he loved, and he thought that she reminded him a little of his favorite guitar; consistently stubborn as hell, but when he finally coaxed her into tune she was the most beautiful thing he had ever heard. "I needed you," he whispered and she answered by collapsing against him. He kissed her again to try and quiet her moans, but the way she sighed his name, the way her body reacted to his, everything about her pushed him over the edge far sooner than he was expecting.

*

"We're never speaking of this again," Dave murmured into the plush carpet of the small closet.

"I think I might bring it up every day for the rest of our lives. What was that? Five seconds or six?" Liz giggled and ran her fingernails lightly down his back. She didn't care how long he had lasted, they had both managed a damn good end result. Her limbs were still tingling with a lack of oxygen and blood, but she felt fucking amazing. "Get my dress," she whispered and kissed the side of his head before he rolled off of her.

"But then you'll be, you know, dressed," he pouted and leaned against the closet wall, putting himself back together after their little tryst. Mark pounded on the bedroom door once again and Dave rolled his eyes. "Fucking... fine." He pulled Liz to her feet and made sure she was steady on her heels before handing her the white garment bag.