One

"Thanks."

I begin to blush after realization hit me that I was rambling. I sat across from this stranger and decided wether or not to start a conversation. What is wrong with me? I have never thought of starting conversations with boys, let alone someone who I met less than one minute ago! Nice one, Elena.

"So that's your name," he says, closing the notebook he was previously writing on.

"Elena. I like it" he chuckles, bringing his hand closer to my hand for a handshake. Is this kid a mind reader? I hesitantly shake his hand, not knowing if I should keep the conversation going or just get up and leave.

"I uh, heard you mumbling and I thought you were talking to me. Sorry if I scared you." I nod, as we stay holding hands. I don't know if I should ask for his name after or before letting go of his hand, cause then we'd just have to shake hands again.

"And what's your name?"

"Johnny."

"And are you from around here, Johnny?" I mentally face palm myself for sounding like an overprotective dad.

"No, I'm just visiting some family. What about you-"

He's rudely interrupted by his phone ringing. He shoots a smile my way as he picks up a call from someone named Lauren. I assume that's his girlfriend, instantly putting a frown to my face. I try not to eavesdrop on their conversation but I can't help it. Johnny keeps rolling his eyes and saying yes, probably not even paying attention. Instead, he's looking me up and down. I think I'm lucky that I decided to dress decent today. Since its summer, I'm wearing a tube top with a denim skirt and my sunglasses which hold my straight brown hair back away from my face. I wore light make up, because I don't like my face feeling Cakey.

I don't know if he's still looking at me because I haven't made eye contact with him since he picked up the phone. I finally turn my head to see him biting his lip, but quickly releases it as he sees me turn my head toward him.

"Yeah, okay Lauren. Gotta go." He hangs up the phone, focusing his gaze back on me.

"Girlfriend?" I say, slightly annoyed that he was flirting with me while he's dating someone else.

"Lauren? Oh no-" I cut him off, not wanting to waste my time.

"Listen, I think you're cute but I'm most definitely not the type of girl to come onto a guy in a relationship. Nice meeting you." I get up, not really being in the mood for my cookie and frappe. As I'm about to walk out the door, a pair of hand grab my arms and spin me around, putting me face to face with a smiling Johnny.

"She's my sister"

Who knew that those three words could make me so damn happy?

=====
Comment your thoughts so far and don't forget to vote:)