Four

Once Johnny and I get off the streetcar, he hands me a red bandana to put over my eyes. My face fills with confusion but I put it on anyway, not wanting anything to ruin our day together.

"Are you kidnaping me?" I laugh, holding his hand for balance. We walk for a few minutes before he stood behind me and unties the bandana.

"We're here." I rub my eyes so that they can adjust to the bright sunlight. A beautiful, old school diner stood before me and I was in shock. I'm a fool for diners, especially For this one.

"You took me to George street Diner! You listened! I- thank you." I start flustered but finished with a soft tone in my voice.

Earlier when Johnny and I were getting to know each other, I told him that I used to go to George street diner with my best friend for Sunday morning breakfast. It all ended when she moved to California since her parents got divorced. Since then, I haven't been here without feeling sad and depressed. But standing here with Johnny today, I felt nothing but pure happiness.

We walk in hand in hand, being greeted by one of the waitresses.

-----

"Thanks for today. And thanks for taking home." I smile at Johnny, being slightly sad that he has to go. He smiles back, looking back and forth between my eyes and my lips. I wanna tell him its too soon, but I don't know if it is. We spent one afternoon together and I feel like I've known him forever. I snap out of my trance to realize that Johnny is leaning in. I find myself doing the same thing and right before our lips touch, my phone rings with my dad's caller ID across the screen. 

I shoot Johnny an apologetic smile, mouthing bye as I go inside my apartment. I see him smile back and he turns around to leave. I was slightly sad but we exchanged numbers earlier and a part of me hoped that it wasn't the last time I'll see him. I answer my phone and greet my dad.

"Sweety, I've been trying to reach you all day! I've been called out of the country for a business trip. I'm sorry I wasn't able to say goodbye."

"Dad, I'm so sorry! Have a safe flight though. And are you really leaving me alone for, however long you're gone?"

"Of course not! I called your cousins." As if on queue, there's a knock on the door. I hang up with my dad, saying goodbye.

I open the door to be faced with my cousins Maddie and Kenzie.

"Surprise cuz!"

=====

New fanfic "Drunk"!! Also features kenzie in it so if you love a good love triangle, read it!!