Chosen

"And that should be the last of them." A girl of fifteen said as she put down the last of cardboard boxes in her new room. The fifteen girl was known as Riley Rendόn. She has long black silky hair and black eyes which was rare for anyone. She lives with her adopted family, The Rendόns. They took her in after her parents died in a fire. In fact, they were good friends with her parents so she wasn't worried about them hating her. She easily got along with their sons, Elias and Miguel. Elias is the oldest and he's studying to be a play director. He's done some pretty good plays in their home state which was Spain. Then there's her little brother, Miguel, who is the most energetic 5 year old boy you'll ever meet. He wants to be just like his dad. But most importantly, her adopted parents, Diego and Angelina Rendόn. Diego is a hard working lawyer in the family while Angelina was a writer. Most of the books she had written were romance combined with mystery and horror added in. Both of them are really great in their fields of work which made Riley proud of them. She also loved the two huskies that her parents adopted from a shelter. Their names were Shiro and Hana. The two were brother and sister who were left abandoned by their owner and the dog shelter found them and took care of them. Truth be told, Miguel was the one who chose them. And finally, the maid and butler of their home, David and Juliet. The couple were in their early twenties when they were taking care of Diego when he was a child. David and Juliet came with them when they moved to Paris as well. So now they're in their late fifties. Riley and the Rendόns thought of them as family.

Riley walked over to her bedroom window and stared at the city in front of her. She touched her moon pendant on her choker around her neck. It was the last thing that her birth mom had given to her before she had died. Somehow the moon reminded her of wolves. There were times that she felt like a wolf. She was a fast runner, great reflexes, and a great sense of smell. Not to mention that she could see quite a distance away as well. Well her mother had the same qualities also. Whenever she wore the choker, it felt like her mother was there with her. The move to Paris would be better to explain as a new experience of improving themselves instead of her dad's new client in Paris to be exact. Well that's just Riley's opinion though. But overall, Riley was excited for her new life. She began to wonder what kinds of adventures she might have in this city.

"Riley, could you give us a hand down here?" A female asked from downstairs.

"Coming!" Riley shouted and ran out of her room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Riley quickly ate her breakfast and kissed her mother and father's cheeks goodbye, hugged both of her brothers, pet their two huskies heads, and said farewell to their maid and butler of their house. When she was half way towards her destination, she calmly started walking towards her new school, Collège Françoise Dupont. It wasn't really a college, it was actually a high school. She hoped that she'll get along with everyone there. But she had a really good feeling that a brat might be attending there. Afterall her school back in Spain had one too. She was brought out of her thoughts when she heard someone grunt in pain. She looked towards the source and saw an old man in a red hawaiian shirt on the ground trying to get to his cane. She quickly ran over to him and knelt down to gave him his cane and helped him up.

"Thank you, young lady." The old man said when he stood back up.

"You're welcome." Riley said as she stood up as well, "I can't believe people were just ignoring you."

"It's alright." The old man reassured her.

"Well, I better get to school." Riley said, "Just be careful next time."

"I will and thank you again." The old man smiled. With that said Riley headed off to her new school. Little did she know, the old man recognized the choker that Riley wore and knew that she was the help he was looking for.