Stormy Weather

Riley was on the floor of her bed room, working on her math homework for next week. She never really liked doing geometry, but her dad always told her it will come in handy someday. She was just wondering when that might happen. She was halfway through until she heard her phone jingled on her desk which meant that she received a text. Before she could get up, Tsuki flew up to pick up her phone and brought it over to her.

"Thanks, Tsuki-chan." Riley thanked her kwami.

"You're welcome." Tsuki smiled.

Riley unlocked her phone and saw a notification of a text that was sent by Alya:

Hey girl, still doing homework? Why don't you take a break to see Marinette and me at Adrien's photo shoot in the park?

Riley smiled at idea. She knew that Marinette had a huge crush on Adrien ever since he gave his umbrella to her and Marinette. She looked down at her phone and then her homework and back at the phone. Perhaps she should take a break. Then she typed:

I'm in. I'll be there in a few minutes.

Her text was sent and she got off the floor and grabbed her jean jacket. Once she put it on, Tsuki went into the front pouch to hide from plain sight. She left her bedroom and closed the door behind her. She quickly walked down the stairs and headed towards the hallway where her shoes were. After she put them on, she stood went to the entrance of the kitchen to see David and Juliet cleaning up in the kitchen.

"I'm going to the park with some friends. I'll be back later." Riley announced.

"Alright, dearie." Juliet smiled.

"Have a good time." David smiled.

"I will." Riley said before she left the kitchen and went out the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------

When she arrived at the park, she spotted Marinette and Alya and a little girl she didn't recognize standing across from the fountain where Adrien was having his photo shoot.

"Hey girls!" Riley greeted when she came up to them.

"Hey Riley!" Marinette greeted back.

"So what's going on?" Riley asked.

"Marinette wants to talk to Adrien, but she's having a little bit of trouble doing so." Alya explained.

"I see," Riley answered and saw a little girl hiding behind Marinette's leg, "And who is this?"

"This is Manon, she's the daughter of one of Marinette's mom's friends. Marinette is babysitting her." Alya stated.

Manon was short with tan skin, messy dark brown hair pulled back into two ponytails, golden-brown eyes, and two upper front buck teeth.

"Hi Manon, I'm Riley, one of Marinette's friends." Riley smiled as she knelt down to Manon's level.

"Hi Riley." Manon shyly greeted with a toothy smile.

"Let me guess, she couldn't say 'no'." Riley guessed in a teasing tone as she stood up and turned to Alya who chuckled.

"Hey!" Marinette protested.

"So what should we do?" Riley asked.

Marinette thought for a moment breaking into a huge smile when an idea popped into her head, "We're going to stroll over real cool as if we just happened to be passing by."

"And then what?" Alya asked.

"I'll invite him out for a fruit smoothie at the end of the photo shoot! Then, we get married! Live happily ever after in a beautiful house and have two kids? No, three and a dog or maybe a cat? Nah, forget the cat. A hamster! I love hamsters!" Marinette rambled on before sighing dreamily.