Banishing spells

Banishing is the act of driving away or getting rid of someone or something. In magic, banishing refers to a number of different ritual methods used to rid a person or place of an unwanted or hostile energy, spiritual presence or person.

NOTE: You can cast a Circle for each spell if you want to, even though it's not mentioned in the instructions.

1: "Burn It Away Banishing"
This is a very simple banishing spell. This method isn't that good when it comes to banishing a spirit or negative energy from a space, but it's good for banishing specific people from your life as well as bad habits, limiting beliefs, unwanted mental states and issues such as depression, stress etc.

You will need:
- a piece of paper
- a pen
- a fireproof bowl or cauldron, fireplace, or bonfire
- herbs or oils good for banishing, such as sage or frankincense (optional)
- matches or a lighter

Steps:
1) On the paper, write down what you're banishing, be it the name of a person or spirit or something more intangible like procrastination or negative self talk.

2) Light the paper on fire and put it into the bowl. As it burns, imagine your target leaving your life and then focus all of your attention on what your life will be like after the banishing takes effect.

3) When the paper is finished burning you should dispose of the ashes away from your house. You can scatter them on the ground, into the wind, or even just dump them into the trash bin outside of your house, but get them away from you as soon as possible.
☆彡~~~~~

2: "Four Thieves' Vinegar"
This banishing concoction gets its name from a folktale that tells of four thieves who, during the height of the Black Plague, would steal into peoples homes and rob them in the night. Instead of catching the plague they grew healthy and rich. When they were finally apprehended they struck a bargain to trade their secret recipe that protected them from the plague in exchange for their freedom. The vinegar has been used by witches as a protective and warding brew.

You will need:
- rosemary
- sage
- lavender
- thyme
- mint
- garlic
- apple cider vinegar
- a jar or other airtight container

Steps:
1) Fill your jar or other airtight container loosely with your herbs. Pour apple cider vinegar in the jar and close it tightly. Vinegar can erode metal lids over time so it's suggested that you use a plastic lid instead. Label and date your jar.

2) Store the vinegar in a cool dry place (your pantry is ideal) and gently shake it once a day for 4-6 weeks.

3) When your Four Thieves' Vinegar is finished you can use it in a variety of ways. Traditionally, sprinkling it over your doorstep is thought to ward away your enemies. If you're inclined to kitchen witchcraft you can include it in recipes (it makes a lovely salad dressing) to protect yourself against evil and break spells placed on you.
☆彡~~~~~

3: "Candle Banishing"
This banishing spell can be used to banish a person, a mental or emotional state or a problematic situation.

You will need:
- a black candle
- a candle holder
- matches
- black or white pepper
- salt
- a carving tool
- anointing oil (this can be any kind of oil you prefer)

Steps:
1) Slowly sprinkle salt in a counterclockwise circle around you and your work area. Visualize the salt creating a barrier, protecting you during your ritual.

2) Call the target of your banishing spell to mind and carve your intention into the candle. For example, you might carve "Mark will never speak to me again" or "My anxiety is gone". You may also wish to carve a banishing sigil into your candle.