Chapter 8

Harry

After what Niall had said I was super confused. What was going on with Liam? I started to walk back up the stairs to check on him when suddenly I remembered Alex. Where was she?
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Alexandra

I sit on the cold tile floor in one of the many bathrooms in this huge house and just cry. I didn't know which part of the huge house I was in but I needed to get away.

Earlier I heard Liam and Niall yelling and then everything went quite for a really long time. I wasn't surprised. They probably all left to go out somewhere. Not that I'd expect them to remember me. I'm nothing special.

When I got into the bathroom I sat on the floor and cried for a while before I made 3 new gashes in my arm.

I could hardly feel it anymore. After I'd sat there for a few minutes I decided to clean myself up. Red crimson water running down the drain.

As I washed my arms I looked up into the mirror in front of me. I didn't recognize the girl in front of me. She looked so broken and sad. I remember a time when we were happy, when I was happy.

I lifted the side of my mouth and try to smile. The more I tried The worse it looked. It wasn't genuine and it was ugly.

The tears started to fall again. I don't know why they took me out of that house. Sure I'd get fewer bruises everyday, but everything else stayed the same. Except I laughed for the first time in forever today.

It felt nice to laugh after so long.

The house was still deadly quite as I continued to wash away the red stains on my arms. Hoping I would waste away and die already. It's not like anyone would miss me.

These thoughts run through my head as I sit back down on the cold tile. I sit in silence until someone knocks on the door. "Alex?" It was Harry....what did he want?.... I just wanted to be alone.

He shook the knob a little and knocked again "Alex please let me in?" His voice was quite and it made me feel slightly calmer.

There was a clicking noise coming from the door now and soon the door opened. Harry slipped a Bobby pin back into his pocket, then closed and locked the door behind him.

He came and sat next to me. "What are you doing in here all alone?" He asks. I shrug and he sighs. "Let me see" he says quietly. I look at it him in surprise. "W-what?" I ask my voice shaking.

Harry takes my arm and pulls up my sleeve, looking at it. "Alex...." He looks so sad. I try to take my arm back but he holds on "why are you still doing this?" He asks looking up at me with sad eyes.

I shake my head and finally get my arm free "you wouldn't understand" I say looking down.

He chuckles. Why is he laughing? "Actually I do...." He says pulling up his sleeves. They're not very clear but you can see them. Scars everywhere up and down his arms.

I look at him in bewilderment. "Why...." He cuts me off "I know exactly what you are going through Alex. I was beat by my dad as well, I was bullied in school...." He sniffles.

You can tell he hasn't talked about it in a long time. "Harry.... I'm sorry" I looked down at his arms again. There were a few fresh ones on his upper arm.

I lightly ran my fingers over them. "What happened?" I asked. A single tear runs down his face. "My sister.... she...." I understood already. I hugged him tightly.

Never have I met another person who has been through what I have. And just as bad. He hugs me back tightly and there was another knock at the door. I let go of Harry.

He stands up and walks over to the door. "Hey Niall what's up?" He asks. "Can I talk to you please?" I can barely hear him from over here.

I get up and walk over to the door so Harry can let me out. He opens the door and Niall stops me "I actually needed to talk to the both of you" he says looking at the floor.

Harry looks at me for a second and I give him a worried look. Harry opens the bathroom door a little more and we all go upstairs.

I just follow behind because I don't know where I'm going. Harry opens a door, it was the room I woke up in earlier. I'm guessing it was his room.

He takes a seat on a chair and Niall and I sit on the edge of the bed. I pull my knees up and we all sit in silence for a moment.

Niall finally clears his throat and a tear falls from his eye. Harry gives me a worried glance and then looks back at Niall. Niall sniffles again then removes his hoodie. I just stare at him in shock and Harry looks like he's gonna cry.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" Harry asks quietly looking over Niall's bare abdomen. There were a bunch of scars of every size all over his front.

I just sat there and stared at them. "I wanted to....I didn't know how" he says as more tears fall.

Harry takes his arm and looks it over "why?" He asks not looking at Niall. I remain quiet as they talk. Niall sighs "I don't know. Stress, I just feel like everyone hates me" he says almost a whisper. His voice cracked a few times, he was trying so hard  not to cry and you could tell he was struggling.

I held his hand while Harry rubbed his red eyes "Niall.... your my best friend....why didn't you come talk to me?" Harry asks.
Niall just shrugs.

Harry sits next to him and pulls him into a tight hug. Then Niall finally starts crying and Harry can only hug him.

We both knew how Niall felt. It was hard living a life like this. It's so difficult trying to smile and pretend to be happy because you have nothing to actually be happy for. You just feel so..... useless....