Chapter 49

Harry

"Last chance, where is she?" I glare coldly at the boy in front of me. He couldn't have been older than 16, his small frame cowers in front of me in the ground. "Please I don't know! I was just old to follow you!" He cried out. I helped the boy up and dusted him off "who told you to follow me?" This boy wasn't making any sense.

I left the motel about an hour ago, decided to go on a walk and try to figure all of this out. I could practically feel this kid breathing down my neck, when I turned around and grabbed him he started yelling at me "please don't hurt me! Brad told me to do it!" I immediately let him drop to the ground.

Now here we are, walking back towards the motel with this boy, trying to figure out who he is and where he came from. "My name's Jake, Brad's my older brother. Who are you?" Jake trails cautiously behind me and picks at rocks. This kid is so innocent how did he get wrapped up in all of this?

He jumps back when I stop walking, he looked absolutely terrified of me. "I'm not gonna hurt you mate, I just want to know where she is" he gives me the same sad look "I don't know who your talking about, I promise, who is she?" His eyes were bright and unharmed. Like any child's should be, he didn't look much like Brad, this kid actually kinda looked like Alex. But only for a second.

I sigh and sit on the nearest bench "her name's Alex, Brad took her from us about a week ago" I could feel my heart sinking as I played the story out for him. The more into it I got the more the light behind his eyes went out. So I stopped.

"What happened? I'm the tape? What did you see?" He was so eager to know what happened to Alex, to know what his brother did to her. "He shoved her into a car and disappeared. We haven't seen either of them since" the tears pooled in my eyes before spilling over, this kid has got to know something that can help. Anything.

I turned towards Jake and tried my best to control my emotions "Jake, there's gotta be something you remember. Where did you come from? Where are you and your brother staying?" I tried to think of anything I could ask to get him to remember but that's all I could think of. He sits back for a moment before signing "there's nothing, for the last few years we've been living in a small pool house in his boss's backyard. I'm never allowed to go anywhere cause he says I'd get hurt" he rolls his eyes.

"There's this weird guy that always comes to talk to Brad though, he lives in the big house, he comes in at late hours and they whisper for forever. I think his name was Jo, or Jack or something" my eyes slightly widen and I can feel pure hope " John? " I ask standing up quickly. He nods "hey! Yeah that's is! How do you know him?"

Shaking my head I pull him up from the bench, "Jake, we're in trouble. We can protect you but you've got to come with me now" I say trying to convince him to come with me, he's our only hope in finding Alex. He nods quickly and I grab his arm and pull him back in the direction of the motel. This is it, we can find her.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Niall

No food. Anywhere. I know we're supposed to be worrying about Alex but I'm SO HUNGRY. I grumble and Liam glares at me "enough Niall! When Harry gets back we'll get some food" I plop down next to him "but I'm hungry now! I haven't eaten in days!" Zayn laughs " Niall your always hungry, and you just ate like two hours ago" I glare at him "feels like says to me"

Silence falls over the room until the door flies open and we all nearly jump out of our skins as Harry steps in with some kid. What the?! Why does he have a kid? And more importantly! Where the heck is the food?!

"Harry who is that?" Liam cautiously gets up and gives Harry a worried look. I look at the kid and he doesn't look very old, not even old enough to be on his at least. "Please tell me you didn't kidnap someone?!" Zayn shouts. Louis snacks him upside the head and rolls his eyes " of coarse he didn't you dolt, he's Harry" the kid laughs at this and we all just stare at him. "My name's Jake, Brad's my older brother!" He exclaims proudly.

All our mouths hang open and Louis looks like he's about to tackle the poor kid to the ground "Lou calm down, he's here to help us" Harry finally says putting a hand on Louis' chest to keep him in place. "Did you find her? Do you know where she is?" The first question was directed at Harry, but then Louis looked at the kid. Jake shakes his head quickly "no, Harry already asked me that"

Liam walks over to the kid "where do you live Jake?" Maybe he could help us. " In John's pool house, we can get to them" Harry says still holding Louis. "Then what are we waiting for?" Louis glares at Harry and Jake looks scared " pleased tell me what's going on, why are you trying to find my brother and who exactly is Alex? " he looked at each one of us trying to find the answers to his small questions.

"She's our family mate, and your brother took her from us" Louis spits out "why? Why did he take her?" Harry gets a puzzling look on his face and turns to Jake. " Jake, where are your parents? How long have you been with Brad? " why is he asking him that? How's that gonna help us find Alex? We should got get food, it always helps people think.

Jake sits and thinks for a moment, "well, I'm not sure really. John brought me home when I was about five years old. He took me from my mom. Said she wasn't for to be a mother" we all listen intently as he continues. "He told me Brad would always protect me, told me he would be my family until they could find my sister" the breath in my lungs evaporated and I looked at Harry with pure confusion.

He looked just as confused, Jake pulled a small wallet out of his pocket and handed it to Harry. "That's my mum, John said she died a long time ago, Brad said I should been it but I like remembering what she looked like." I walk over to Harry and look at the picture in his hand. It was Alex? Or am older version of Alex. She had greying hair and a broken smile. Could Alex really have a younger brother that she didn't know about?

Liam takes the photo and Louis grabs the kid by the arms, "Jake, please. Where's Alex?"