Chapter 8

•READERS! IM VERY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING! SCHOOL RECENTLY STARTED AND IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS- I WILL TRY UPDATING FASTER, THANK YOU FOR READING!!

[Xiaxuan's pov]
It was self study, and I flipped through the pages of my textbook, trying to find the answer. I was, in fact, annoyed. What was the answer?
But, more importantly, why was RenWu disappointed?
He couldn't possibly be jealous.. we just met, afterall.
And who could ever love a girl like me?
I quickly finished up my classwork, and opened up my notebook.
The doodles filled the page. I ran my fingers over the pages, smiling.
'It was nice when nongnong was a nobody.'
The traces and pictures that nongnong drew on my notebook was still there.
I decided to focus on my work, and closed my book. I rested my head on the table, not knowing what to do.
Napping feels good right now....

[RenWu's Pov]
I looked at Xiaxuan's back as she left my classroom. I can feel other people staring at us.
Why was I so cold to her?
I closed my lunch box, and took out materials for the next class.
You've only just met Xiaxuan, RenWu! Nice job for making her hate you from the start.
Why did I do that?
The teacher came in, and started talking about today's topic.
Sadly, I couldn't focus.
Actually, when I first heard Xiaxuan's name, didn't it remind me of something?

It's... probably nothing.

Afterschool, I walked out of the school gate, wanting to rush home to avoid the awkwardness between me and xiaxuan.
'I should probably go clear that misunderstanding up.'

But instead... I'm a coward as always.

[Xiaxuan's pov]
"Hmph, I'm not gonna wait for him anymore!" I huffed out and walked away from his classroom door. The field was, as always, filled with people.
I sighed.
"I wonder what are they doing right now.."
As I took my bike out from the bike rack, someone tapped me on the shoulder.
"Xiaxuan---!"
I turn, and it was nongnong.
"NONGNONG-"
"Shhhh- we dont want people to know, do we?" He smiled as he puts his finger on my lips.
"Come on, let's walk home."

I trailed behind him, blushing.

"I.. I thought you had work today?"

"I have time between schedules." He winked.

Suddenly, I grinned widely and hugged him from his back. He placed his hands on my arms. "Was today so tiring?"

"Hm, yeah."

I smiled, my face to his back. The warm feeling in my heart increased.

But what I didn't know was that RenWu witnessed everything.

[RenWu's pov]
I was about to go home, but I decided to stay. "if I meet Xiaxuan I'll apologize." I quietly repeated to myself, anxiously waiting on the other side of the street across from school. "M, Maybe we could walk home together."

As I thought that, Xiaxuan appeared out of nowhere, clearly irritated. She stomped out of the school gates angrilly. She unlocked the bike, and was about to get on. "Xi--"
My voice couldn't reach her.... Because of the guy standing in front of her.

She smiled and her cheeks flushed with red.

Who was he?

"NongNong?!" She squeaked out. I immediately grabbed my phone and took a picture of the guy. He was tall, with his thin and slender feet. He was also wearing a mask, making it harder for me to see his face.

"??"

I googled 농농, and sure enough.... It was the guy Xiaxuan was talking to. The same exact long slender legs, and the tall figure... I can already tell from his eyes.