three

"Hey Jo why don't you sign up too. With no work and all", the trio were looking at the sign ups for the fall musical. "The hell with it", Jo sighed lining up behind Julie wishing she had the work buzzes at the moment.

CHRISTINE "LADYBIRD" MCPHERSON

JULIANNE "JULIE" PICKETT

josephine "jo" lucy macmillian 

"Julie and Jo doesn't have to be in quotes", Ladybird shook her head. "But it's not my real name", Julie smiled softly at the quotes around her nickname. "It's not the same thing", the other girl put her hands on her hips. "I'm not sure you're right", Julie disagreed with her. "Well Lady I like looking at our nicknames in quotes. It's like our little group thing", Jo tried lightening the mood.

Josephine and the girls had lost their ride from Fin for the rest of their high school career seeing the Jo destination home was too far from the station. So, the girls walked through the "fancy neighborhood", "The Fabulous Forties" houses. "I love this neighborhood", Julie sighed as they stopped in a certain house.

This was Julie's and Ladybird's dream house. Three stories, many windows with white shutters, blue all over. It was one of the American dream houses. "Yeah, it's so beautiful", Ladybird admired the house while they continued to ramble Jo look to the little house on the corner.

"I will never get you sometimes Joey, how come that small house compared to all these", Ladybird found the attention from the other. "Lady, Julie. I just want something cozy ya know. A home filled with love and not so much empty rooms", Jo started daydreaming about her future life after her dream of becoming a doctor or medical examiner.

"Ya know", "Ya know", Julie and Ladybird started mimicking her famous phrase. "Oh you guys stop it", Jo started chasing the two girls off the sidewalk.

-

"Say hi to Miguel and Shelly for me", Jo said as she made her final stop before going home. "Are you sure you don't want to stop by, they practically love you", Ladybird yawned in front of the grocery store. "Everyone loves you Josephine", Julie said making Jo cringe physically and mentally. "That's not true, please don't ever use my full name again. Plus I need to fix up some stuff. Taking this extra time to the advantage", Jo hugged both of the girls before heading to the shared condo with her brother not too many blocks away.

"Honey I'm home", Jo opened the door to the sweet silence and the stench of vanilla. The condo was tidy but, not clean enough to the girl. Her school work and cafe had distracted her from fully cleaning the space and she was determine to change that. Mail was scattered every now and then, some boxes still unopened when the siblings first moved on her sophomore year. "Three in the afternoon. Let's get this started", Jo turned on the radio to much of her likings Mess Around by Cage The Elephant started playing. 

-

"woah Luce, you did some serious work here", it was around nine in the night when Fin came back home. He found Josephine lying on his bed face on pillow and thought she was dead for a minute. The only reasonable way to make sure she was alive to Fin was to jump her. Two outcomes could have happened. One, she wouldn't move at all and would actually be dead. Fin would have needed a way to bury his dead sister which he already planned since he was nine. And the second outcome was she is alive, but where is the fun of it if he didn't surprised her once in a while.

Jo was indeed alive and was mid cleaning when Fin's bed was calling her. The older boy did end up jumping her, which came to a mini wrestling match between the pair. And now you are all caught up. "So, what had got you so worked up to clean the whole place again", Fin laughed lying next to his sister. "No reason just felt like it. Plus the place needed it. I may had also wanted to see the stash off dirty magazines you had again", Jo pulled up one of the many over her head.

"This is not for your eyes", Fin grabbed his stash away from her as Jo got to her feet. "You will always be a horny teenager Finlay. Let's get something to eat yeah", Jo grabbed a framed picture before exiting his room. Fin had placed his paper porno from his high school days back in a box then followed her. The frame had been placed on a book shelf and Fin took a glace. It was their parents and them a few days before the accident. "You know I love you Luce", Fin said still looking at the picture. "Love you too bro"

-

"Hey babes", Jo walked over to the pair of girls who were going through their brown lunch bags. "Here's one for you too", Julie handed the other a matching brown bag that has Joe written in sharpy. "Well at least your family knows me", Jo started laughing. All of their attention went to the Range Rover parked closes to the school, crowded with other girls. The girl that stood out the most was Jenna Walton, who had a glow on her. Other than the fact Jenna's group were filled with other tan girls but she had that perfect glow. Jenna Walton was indeed pretty, in the high school way.

"That car should be illegal . Jenna Walton's  not doing any off-roading. She just goes to Pavillions", this caused Jo to burst in laughter from Ladybird's logic. "I heard Jenna Walton has a tanning bed in her house", Julie continued to go on about the girl. "She is so pretty", "Her skin is luminous", "Maybe we should try tanning", the two girls concluded.

"Excuse me ladies, but I'll rather not be having my two best friends looking like a Thanks Giving turkey. Plus you two are beautiful just the way you are, no need to change", Jo rattled her opinion to them getting a soft punch and laughter. "Oh Josie are you still not going to mass", the girl of the topic Jenna Walton had jogged up to the girl while the two best friends froze. "Nah Jenna, I think I'll pass again", Jo honestly had been grown around her religion but, didn't believe it was necessary to go to mass every time. So, the brunette always found some excuse not to go without getting her grade and herself in trouble. "Well, someone has been bothering me to get you to come. I think you would like him, I also miss you too. Come around sometime yeah", Jenna smiled getting a 'yes' from Jo.

"I still can't believe you're friends with the Jenna Walton sometimes", Ladybird put her arms around Jo as they watch the girl of the topic go into the school. " Our best friend Josephine Lucy MacMillian is a sweet heart remember. Who wouldn't want to be friend with her", Julie went on linking her arm leaving Jo in the middle. "You guys are too much for me", the girl in the middle was a blushing mess. "Why don't we skip mass today. Our auditions are after school today, we deserve to rest up before", Lady said as they entered. "That's a good idea I didn't want to be caught sleeping through Father Paul's morning speech again", Julie rubbed the corner of her eye. "Sounds like a plan", Jo lips curled into a smile.