ten

"Gosh Luce you look beautiful", Fin said as his sister exit her room. She was wearing a black lace dress paired with a designed leggings with heeled boots. It was more casual than formal for the prom but, she wanted to be comfortable. Her time of crying over a boy was over, at least that's what she thought. But, she spent the majority of the rest of her high school life working at the cafe and spending time with Fin and Julie. After all the girl did already got into her Columbia University, full ride.

"I still can't believe no one asked you for the prom, I should go beat some sense into those boys", he held up a fist to her. "Well you should decided sooner if you want to beat boys to like me or beat them when they actually are liking me", Jo teased him. "That would be a problem ya know", He brought her into a hug. "Yes that would be a problem", he said letting a few tears go down.

"Don't cry or I'll start crying", she wiped away his stray tears while he wiped hers. "I know I just wish mum and dad could see you. They would be proud", Fin smiled. "They would be proud of both of us", she chuckled before holding up his camera. "Now let's get this photo shoot done", Fin smirked before she tried to hide.

-

"Girls are you sure you don't want to go to prom after all", Fin sat down on the couch next to them. "Yes Fin I refuse to go if my best friend isn't going either", Jo kept her head high before hugging Julie. "You should go you are all dressed up and pretty", Julie admired her friend. "What do I hear another rerun of cartoons, yes coming right up"

"Hi...", Ladybird entered the apartment also dressed in her prom outfit. The girls plus Fin all end up laughing in the end after an hour or two of making up their friendships.

-

"We ate all the cheese!", Ladybird started laughing. "It's ok, Blocks of cheese vary in size, that was a small one.", Julie laugh with her. "That was not a small cheese", Both Jo and Fin said laughing with the group. "Fuck it, let's go to prom. Doesn't your Mom have a dress?", she wanted to make memories after memories.

"Let's be honest, she's had a dress for months", Jo went all serious and lit up thinking of dolling up her friend. "Oh and It's purple and all of you are really gonna like it", Julie ran to her room to get it. "Wait for me", Jo decided to help her out.

"So Ladybird", Fin leaned over the counter as she took a tip of soda. "Yes Fin", she took another hit of soda. "I know you basically broke my sister's heart but she's still hung up on him. And I may need your help", he had a plan in mind. "Yes anything to make it up to Jo, I'm in", they went with their plan as Julie was getting ready.

-

Prom Night.

 The trio actually went with prom. Plus with Fin as a plus one, but as Jo's date so he could watch her which made the sister wish he didn't. All the decorations, the whole thing, looks like hell, actual hell. There are flames everywhere, quite ironic for a catholic school and one that was hell to attend. But it was their last hurrah everyone was dancing and taking pictures together.

Ladybird was slow dancing with Julie ignoring the looks with the other sisters as Fin danced with Jo. Imagine by John Lennon was as being played it reminded her of Kyle

 "You know you will always be my favorite sister", he said into her ear. "But, I'm your only sister", Jo gave him a look as the song was ending.

"More of a reason to love you more, also if he does anything funny send him to me. I'll snap his neck", Fin said as the next song changed Right Before My Eyes by Cage the Elephant. (play vid)A boy with a mop of curly brown hair in a suit came running in the gym. Kyle Scheible went up to the siblings giving a longing look to Josephine Lucy MacMillian with a blush over his face.

"Hey Scheible hurt her again, you know what happens", Fin handed Jo to Kyle, leaving them to go to the duo of Ladybird and Julie. "Jo I'm sorry for everything I-" "You Kyle got a misunderstanding and didn't want to hurt my best friend's feelings after realizing you're hook to me as much as I am hook to you. I get it I forgive you, shut up and dance", she summed it up for him.

"You do something to me, it's like you numb me and all I can think about is you. I don't feel the same with other people. I think no. I love you", Kyle confessed as he slowed danced with her. "I love you too", she closed the gap between both of them kissing him softly. The coffee and cigarette auras mixing together. Skinny love.

"Wait what was Fin going to do if you hurt me?", Jo asked in the dead of night. "Oh that. He called earlier to get my ass to the prom to you before he cut my um ya know before sticking it where the sun doesn't shine", Kyle awkwardly said as she burst out laughing.

"I'm still not kidding", Fin yelled from a distanced chaperoning the couple with Ladybird and Julie. "I wish someone looked at me as the way Kyle did to Jo", Ladybird sighed at her ex and best friend"One day girls,one day", Fin said still watching his sister.