Chapter 7

You weren't too bothered by Horace's dreams from what you heard, but you were so wrong. You sat with Enoch on one of the couches and sipped at your hot chocolate. "You were saying?" you turned to Enoch.

"What?"

"About peculiarities?"

"Right," he said, "you said you didn't have a peculiarity yet you have strange hallucinations that reveal things about other people?"

"Yeah, but that's not a peculiarity, I'm just crazy."

"Do you actually believe that?"

"Well, I mean-"

"Do you actually think you're crazy?" Enoch looked into your (E/C) eyes.

"Could you two talk later?" Horace pulled out his monacle. Enoch sat back and looked down at his hands.

The lights dimmed and Horace showed his dreams on the wall through his monacle. The picture focused on Horace in a fine tuxedo. It was all strangely vivid and specific, almost like when-

"It hasn't even gotten good yet," Enoch whispered.

The picture faded to white and changed to an interaction between Horace and Jake. From across the room, Jake's eyes widened.

"Did this actually happen?" you whispered.

"Probably. Horace has a tendency to make accurate predictions in his dreams," Enoch said.

The scene changed again. The lighting got dim and bleak. The picture moved down a dark hallway and into a nearly empty room. The only thing visible was a silhouette in front of a mirror. A deep growl echoed in the dream. Your breath got stuck in your throat. The person at the mirror turned around and looked up. Your heart skipped a beat. You were the one at the mirror. You shook when a hand grabbed yours.

The rest of the dream was a blur. There were so many images flashing in your mind. The next thing you knew, most everybody else had left the room.

"(Y/N)?" Enoch brushed his fingers across yours.

"I apologize, (Y/N)," Horace said, "I didn't mean to upset you, please don't take any offense."

"It's not your fault," Enoch told him.

"That growl," you managed to spit out, "I heard it the night that my grandfather died."

Somebody gasped behind you. Miss Peregrine came to your side, intensely looking into your eyes. "That isn't good news. Where was this, (Y/N)?" she asked.

"I was by myself in my room. My parents were out to check on Jake and my grandfather. I heard the growling and looked out my window and these horrible pink tentacles were coming towards the glass. I went outside and there wasn't anything there. Just another hallucination I assumed."

"They've found you. How could I let this happen?" Miss Peregrine said.

Tears ran down your cheeks. You couldn't hold anything back. Miss Peregrine grabbed you and hugged you tightly. "It'll all be fine," she said, "you're safe here."

"Maybe (Y/N) and Jake should go home," Horace suggested.

"You could be right," Miss Peregrine said. She pulled out her large pocketwatch. "Loop reset is in a few minutes, then you should leave."

A/N
Thank you for 2K reads! I honestly didn't expect this book to get that much attention. Thank you all! I'm really sorry I haven't updated in a while. School's finally over for a few months. I'll actually try to churn out at least a few more chapters before summer's over.