Chapter 2

A day before

Scar's POV

I was heading to where the Hyenas used to be. Those stupid dogs. I had to sneak in a Zebra leg because they were stupid enough to play with their food instead of eating it. As soon as I got close to the Elephant Graveyard, I could see the Hyenas. This was our last meeting of how we would kill Mufasa.

- Hey Scar - Shenzi said, getting out from an Elephant's skull - did you bring us food?
- Of course, I always do - I said, throwing the leg. Banzai and Ed saw me and ran to the leg. - Now, about the plan. Are the other Hyenas ready to perform the plan?
Ed started to shake his head like crazy(or just like him). So at least they can organize themselves.
- Great - I said. Mufasa and Sarabi's death would be great. Even if I were king, the other animals and lions would hate me even when I am king. But Simba... Everyone loved him. Might as well turn him as the perfect king.- Hehehehe.... - I started laughing. Shenzi looked at me weirdly. Of course, she didn't understand. Hyenas were dumb
- Why the laughter? - she asked
- Well... We have the most genial plan of all times. Of course, I laugh. I WILL BE KING! - I said, preparing myself for the big day - tomorrow we will strike. I will wake up as "the King's brother" and sleep as the King itself!
Ed started to shake his head again like crazy
- Be prepared for tomorrow. We are going to storm PrideRock! - I said while leaving with a laughter.

While I was walking down to PrideRock, I saw Simba and his friends. Tomorrow is his birthday. What a gift it will be for him. He is still just a Cub. He can't be king yet, so I will be the King and teach him so. Mufasa can't even imagine what's going to happen.

Mufasa was always on top of PrideRock. I could see him from here, but soon enough I will be there too. My dream will turn into reality.

***the next day**

I woke up to a gray sky and missing Mufasa. Taking a closer look, Sarabi and Simba were out too. Probably with Mufasa going for a drink or even explain to him about the "great circle of life". That's Bullshit. If it were true, Mufasa would have been killed by starvation. We are not a good warrior. He was just a goodie-two-shoes. Dad preferred him. But this would change.
Simba will be my heir. But there was still the Lion Guard...

Those stupid lions. Once I was part of them. But they kicked me out... I had the roar, and they will not respect me, even when I am king. I will send them away from the Pridelands as soon as I am king.

But then I saw them. They were in a nearby hill resting. Have fun while you can Mufasa. Soon enough you will join dad in the stars. Even if you weren't a great king, you will be in the past forever.

As the afternoon came, clouds took over the sky. It was finally going to rain. So will Mufasa's blood. I was so focused daydreaming that I didn't see Simba behind me. He jumped on me or tried to. He's way too small to jump on me.
- Hey uncle Scar - he said, trying to climb my back
- Urgh.... - how could I teach an annoying cub. Maybe I should have thought better about this plan.
- What's the matter? - he said, trying to be nice with me or whatever.
- The fact that I will be forever a prince. - I said, lying - you at least will be king someday.
- Yeah. Dad told me this. Everything the light touches will be mine. Except for-
- That shadowy place that you should never go. You say this everytime. - I said, getting up and going down PrideRock.
- Where are you going uncle Scar? -he said. Why do cubs need to be annoying??
- Going for a walk alone - I said, trying to make him go away.
- Can I go with you?
- ALONE - I said, really getting mad.
Simba sat there, kinda disappointed. Why can't he play with his friends or anything like that?
I went to the meeting point near the elephant graveyard. Shenzi was right there, so it meant they were ready.
- In position? - I said, seeing what it looked like fear of some short in her eyes
- Well... Some of our hyenas aren't quite at the spot for the trap. -she said, trying to defend herself.
- So... SAY TO THEM TO GO FASTER BECAUSE I WON'T WAIT FOR THEM. YOU SHOULD BE READY!!! - I said, backing off. Stupid hyenas. They are slow as hell. A CUB overran them. Even going to the spot is hard for them.

I left the graveyard to take Mufasa and Sarabi to the trap and hope the hyenas buckled up and perform what we planned. While I was walking, I saw Simba and his stupid little friends running towards the waterhole.

As I climbed PrideRock, Mufasa appeared in my peripheral vision. He was at the cave resting.
- Hey. Mufasa - I said - we need to talk
- What now, Scar - he said with a sleepy voice.
- It's about Simba - that walkways worked. When I tried to kill him with the stampede I used this trick and he fell for it.
- Is he in danger!!?? - he said, getting up in shock.
- No, no. Calm down. It's about his future. I don't know if he has the knowledge to be king yet. You, Sarabi and I should talk.
- Ok, so let's talk here then - Sarabi said.
- I prefer walking. We don't walk together for a long time. - I said, trying not to sound suspicious
- Yeah, that's true -Mufasa said, getting out of the cave, but he looked at me with a suspicious face - where are we going?
- Nowhere. Just a walk.

We started walking, with me kinda leading the way, taking us to the trap. Mufasa and I chatted about what would we teach to him.
- He needs to know how to get the animal's confidence - I said - I know he is just a cub, but if you want him to be a great king, you must prepare him for the future
- Ok, but why are you so protective with Simba's future? - he said, sending a chill by my spine - Got over the fact that you won't be king?
That was like a face slap for me. Even tho it was obvious, it still hurt. People always forget I have feelings.
- Well, I did, thanks for the reminder. Anyway. The king must prepare his heir for the future.
- Yeah, but still, he is just a cub -Sarabi said, joining in our conversation.
- If you want a great king, you should prepare him now Mufasa - I said, while I got them on the spot.
- Ok, and what would YOU do about it Scar? - Mufasa said - You just said "Do this" and "Do that". Will you help?
- Well, I don't have experience in being the king, but I could help him in solving problems?
- Like what? - Sarabi said
In my peripheral vision, I saw. Grey fur, yellow eyes. Yeah. The hyenas are here. Ready to storm
- Like... Maybe... GETTING THE KING KILLED!! - I said, getting away from as soon as a log hit him and Sarabi. Mufasa tried to jump, but he was too slow. Why was he chosen to be king in the first place?
- Long live the king - I said, looking at the bodies.
I saw the bodies. Mufasa broke three legs and maybe a rib, but Sarabi was worse. She was squished by the log. I won't even bother seeing if she is alive. She must be dead, I'm sure.
And then... I ran to PrideRock. I know what I will say. I will get "help" and get the dead King and Queen to at least a decent funeral, but for now...
- HELP!! -I screamed, trying to get someone's attention- MUFASA AND SARABI. THERE WAS A DEBURRING!! A LOG HIT THEM!!
- WHAT?? - Sarafina said, worried about her sister - Where??
- At the Gorge. A tree hit us. I almost got hit!
- Oh no... - Sarafina said, running towards the Gorge with other lionesses that heard us.

This was it. The dead bodies at PrideRock. I will proclaim my place as the king. The only obstacle was on the horizon, walking with his friends.
Simba.

~~~A/N~~~

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the reception on the first chapter. I actually don't write in just one sitting, so I may not post very often. But I do have the 3rd chapter already written and the 4th on its final steps. If you want, I can post the 2 of them in a row.
Anyways, see ya